Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding career?
Health Advocates is seeking Insurance Collectors with prior medical collections experience for our main office in Chatsworth, CA .
Be at the forefront of utilizing collection techniques and concepts to overcome the most difficult cases. You will be working on cases from our hospital clients throughout California; that are billed to insurance companies, managed care entities, government programs and other liable third parties. You will gain the satisfaction of overturning denials and relieving patients of their medical debt, while working with our legal and medical support units. Job responsibilities include: timely follow up and collection efforts on outstanding receivable accounts, reviewing accounts to determine patient eligibility for various forms of coverage, determine merit of collection efforts, review aged accounts, trace and appeal unpaid and/or erroneously paid or denied accounts, and perform miscellaneous related duties as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience in a hospital collections department preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, billing requirement, and collection procedures
- Understanding of settlement practices and procedures common to medical collections
- Knowledge of Managed Care Contracts Interpretation and Calculations
- Familiar with UBO4 data elements
- Knowledge of commercial health insurance and managed care laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Basic office skills and computer literacy required
- Must be able to type 35 WPM
Working Title: Case Manager
Pay Rate: $19.50 + per hour (Depending on Experience)
Position Type: Full-time; Non-exempt
Schedule: Alternative work week schedule-Mon-Thurs 7:30 am-5:00 pm &Fri 7:30 am-12:30 pm
Other: We conduct assessment testing and post offer background checks