Care Medical is seeking nurse practitioners who deliver medical care exclusively using telemedicine modalities, which are broadly defined to encompass video, phone, chat, text, and email technologies. Providers are members of an interdisciplinary care team. They are responsible for diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making within established standards of care, clinical practice guidelines, and Oasis policies and procedures. The content of medical decision-making focuses on common conditions that would present within an episodic, acute-oriented primary care or urgent care medical practice.
About the Opportunity:
- Providers are exempt, full-time employees and work approximately 40 hours per week. Part-time work 20 hours a week.
- Staffs shifts each week within the virtual clinic. These shifts generally run 10 hours in length and will occur during weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Clinic is a 24/7 operation.
Essential Job Functions
- Staffs shifts each week within the virtual clinic. These shifts generally run 8-12 hours in length and will occur during weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Providers will have overnight on call responsibilities approximately 2-3 shifts per month.
- Obtain histories; document findings; evaluate and diagnose medical and behavioral health conditions; recommend treatment plans; construct care plans; enlist support of other members of the team; promote patient peace of mind by investing in patient confidence and self-efficacy.
- Deliver patient care that balances the best that medical science has to offer; patient preferences and values; resource stewardship; and invests in the future confidence and skills of patients.
- Recognize clinical situations that are best managed using a bio-psychosocial orientation rather than a bio-medical orientation. Employ the orientation most appropriate for the presenting clinical condition.
- Strives to oversee a care experience for patients that emphasizes access, comprehension, coordination, and longitudinal relationships.
- Promotes care plans that consider the context of the communities in which patients live and work.
- Delivers patient care in high priority content areas as determined by leadership to further organizational interests. For example, such high priority content areas may include behavioral health, neck and back pain, travel health, preventive care, or care targeting a range of common chronic conditions.
- Flexibly works with our evolving clinical processes and technologies. Help the team continuously improve these processes and technologies.
- Is hard on processes, but not on people.
- Maintains valid professional license with no actions, board certification, and DEA license (where applicable).
- Documents in the medical record according to community standards.
- Accountable for attendance, punctuality and dependability.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt as needed to change processes and practice in an evolving, ambiguous environment.
- Aligns self with our mission and looks for ways to help our team reach our goals.
- Typing proficiency of at least moderate level
- Comfort and flexibility with technology and learning new software applications
- Ability to collaborate with others and be responsible for team success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- High personal integrity and ethical orientation
- Passion for and commitment to the cause of building a new health care delivery model
- Occasional (1-33%) Daily Job Requirements:
- Frequent (34-65%) Daily Job Requirements:
- Kneeling, Bending, Stooping
- Pushing, Pulling, Twisting
- Standing, Walking
- Reaching above your shoulders
- Keyboarding, Grasping, Handling
- Repetitive Motion / Wrist
- Occasional (1-33%) Daily Job Requirements:
- Possible exposure to infectious/hazardous materials
- Possible exposure to OSHA Blood/Body Fluids (BBF)
Physical Space Requirements:
- A secure workspace isolated from others. We are subject to HIPAA regulations, and you are responsible for protecting PHI.
- Bandwidth requires a speed 50 mbps download and 10 mbps upload. You can check your speed by visiting http://speedtest.net
- A wired internet connection.
- A moderate size desk and chair.
- Previous experience in a primary care model with urgent care experience in an extended clinic hour (evenings and weekends)
- Passionate about technology and alternate models to delivering patient care
- Previous work experience in small or independent clinics
- Telemedicine experience
Required License, Certifications, Education or Experience:
Previous experience in a urgent care or clinic model with extended clinic hours (evenings and weekends)
Passionate about technology and alternate models to delivering patient care
Previous work experience in small or independent clinics
- Licensed as a masters-level nurse practitioner in the State of Washington with no actions on the professional license (ARNP)
Prior experience working in primary care with urgent care in commercial age-insurance populations
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience post education or residency
- Nurse Practitioner holds current national certification in family medicine through ANCC, AANP, or another nationally recognized certification board
- Willing and able to obtain licensure in multiple states