Position Description Summary
The Office Engineer II provides a broad spectrum of technical and administrative duties primarily
associated with project drawings management and construction management support.
The Office Engineer II supports the Project Manager, Construction Manager and Resident Engineers.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist the Construction Manager and project team in the receipt, distribution, and maintenance of drawings. Perform construction contract correspondence, document and plan control function, input data into Prolog, and prepare management information status report, as required.
- Update and maintain sets of drawings, specifications, and logs. Read and post the high volume of RFIs and Design Notices into the drawings.
- Maintain project files and document / drawing management systems (hard and electronic copies). Communicate with the designer and contractor to make the posted drawings more efficient and timelier.
- Assist Construction Manager and/or Resident Engineer with reviewing plans, preparing exhibits and presentations when needed.
- Assist in the Request for Information (RFI) process by helping the Construction Manager and/or Resident Engineer with tracking and follow-up. Maintain RFI logs in the project information system.
- Assist the Construction Manager and/or Resident Engineer with the submittal, design bulletin, and plan revision process. Receive record, review, transmit and track the resolution of the task. Maintain appropriate logs in Prolog, the project information system.
- Complete other responsibilities and assist as assigned to support the project such as: attend and document project meetings (write minutes), perform expediting functions, and prepare and maintain an expediting log; etc.
- Prepare periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Track NNCs/JMs along with associated contractor responses to assist the CM or RE in finding resolution to issues.
- Assist the Construction Manager and Resident Engineer in writing Change/Field Directives , along with preparing exhibits, for input into Prolog. Track such Change Directives as they are executed, negotiated, and processed through the Change Order Process.
- Participate in phasing meeting, taking notes, and preparing work plans.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Prolog and other Project Management Systems is preferred
- Proficiency in Bluebeam or other PDF programs
- Auto Cad experience is preferred
- Proficiency in use of various teleconferencing platforms – WebEx, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
- Five to ten years of engineering experience with three to five years directly supporting an active construction project, preferably terminal related construction and/or renovation
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel
- Ability to read and understand drawings to the extent of determining if packages are complete and ready for review
- Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication
- Capability to assume additional responsibilities
- Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience
- Preferred civil flat work experience – Airports, Consolidated Rental Car Facilities (ConRACs), utility and roadway construction.