Teledyne Relays (a business unit of Teledyne Reynolds, Inc.), is a manufacturer of Electromechanical Relays, Solid State Relays, Power Controllers, RF COAX Switches and RF Matrix switching systems. The primary manufacturing facilities are located in the United States. We are a vertically orientated manufacturing and design company with major operations in Southern California.
Teledyne Relays’ mission, vision, and value statements have never really changed in principle since 1963. Dedication to every employee and client’s success; Innovation that matters - for our company and for the world; Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships – Teledyne Relays is EveryWhereYouLook!
We are looking to for a Production Equipment Operator for the Stamping Department.
This person will be performing machine operations for the stamping and finishing of raw product into part components used for production.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Operate stamping presses: Minster, Bench-master, Bliss-press, and Shear-brake. Pivot-pin and Mill Grinding required
- Will be responsible for setting dies
- Inspection of work including 1st articles
- Read detailed drawings and work from process instructions
- Be efficient with forklift operation
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year of related experience and/or training
- Machinist experience is preferred but not required
- Must have basic computer skills with mouse and keyboard
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and as needed the ability to write routine reports/correspondence
- Be able to communicate effectively with Supervisor and other employees
- Must have basic math skills for units of measure and calculations in order to apply to concepts
- Have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, given orally or in diagram form and experience in troubleshooting standardized situations
- Forklift certification is a plus ( We certified operators )
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work mostly standing, occasionally walking or sitting; must be able to reach with hands and arms, use hands/fingers to handle or feel parts/equipment; able to talk or listen for instruction and feedback; be able to lift up to 100 pounds
- VISION REQUIREMENTS: be able to use close vision (20 inches plus) or distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet +), have 3D depth perception (ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and have peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or left to right while eyes are fixed at a given point)
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Will feel vibrations from machinery, will be working with moving mechanical parts, noise level is very loud (for example, like a jack hammer) due to the machinery
U.S. Person for access to ITAR-Controlled Technical Data.
ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies may only be shared with US Persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received or a special exemption is used.
A 'U.S. person' can be
- A U.S. citizen;
- A permanent resident who does not work for a foreign company, a foreign government, or a foreign governmental agency/organization;
- A political asylee;
- A part of the U.S. government, or
- A corporation, business, organization, or group that is incorporated in the United States under U.S. law.
A foreign person is any person who is not a lawful permanent resident of the US and includes foreign governments and organizations.
NOTE: Relocation is not offered for this position listed above.
Teledyne Reynolds, Inc., dba Teledyne Relays may at its discretion, modify or add further duties not currently list in this general job description.
This a regular full-time position with one of the world's innovative leaders in manufacturing of Electromechanical/Solid State Relays, Power Controllers, High Power Coax Switches and RF Switching Systems, located in Hawthorne, California.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants go to the Teledyne Career Center at: http://www.teledynecareers.com.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. EEO is the law.
Teledyne participates in the E-verify program and upholds the Pay Transparency Policy.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (323) 777-0077, option 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Teledyne Relays requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.
You may visit our website at www.teledynerelays.com to familiarize yourself with our product lines.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.