Lakewood Regional Medical Center is proud to be an integral part of the Orange County community. From orthopedics to cardiac care to urology, we’ve received many designations for quality care. Although we appreciate these prestigious honors, we are most honored by the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. We’re committed to finding new ways to improve and make our hospital the best place for patients, physicians and employees. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, and we are here any time you need help.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Director and Pathologist, responsible for routine clerical and receptionist duties including phlebotomy as well as the maintenance of the various billing and reconciliation functions of the laboratory and assisting in Pathology. This position serves both inpatients and outpatients of all ages.
Training and Experience:
- Must have working knowledge of clinical laboratory billing practices, charge descriptions, billing codes and other information required for payment.
- Current California Phlebotomy License.
- Two years practical experience as a Certified Phlebotomist and or Lab Assistant.
- One year practical experience as laboratory clerk or medical secretary or Phlebotomist.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to type or otherwise demonstrate proficiency with a computer key-board.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Must be completely proficient in all phlebotomy techniques.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.