Mission Community Hospital is a 145 bed acute care facility with a 50 year legacy of serving the San Fernando Valley. Currently we seek Full TIme Pharmacy Technicians, with hospital experience, responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical services according to standard practices of the profession, Hospital policies and directives, Federal and State laws, Joint Commission, and local agencies governing the practice of pharmacy within the Hospital. Major Responsibilities include
Inventory Control – 20%
• Orders appropriate quantities of medications and supplies to ensure maintenance of par levels
• Orders medications and supplies from appropriate vendors according to established policy and procedure.
• Receives and verifies incoming pharmacy merchandise against purchase orders and other inventory ordering records and documents it is received and distributes received documents.
• Notifies pharmacist of discrepancies between order and what was received: quantity, quality, damage, etc.
Medication Storage – 20%
• Unpacks and restocks pharmacy items in appropriate storage areas in an orderly manner; this includes stickering merchandise and rotating stock.
• Monitors drug storage areas within the hospital ensuring refrigerator log sheets are maintained, medications are not expired, patient’s own medications are recorded and properly stored according to established policies and procedures
. • Replaces floor stock on all units as needed. This may include nursing units, emergency or surgery department, and pharmacy storage areas within the hospital.
Distribution Functions – 20%
• Assures rounds are made at least every hour for pick-up and delivery of medication orders.
• Assures patient profiles are maintained throughout the day, updating admits, transfers, and discharges. Transcribes physician orders into patient profile records.
• Assures allergies and diagnosis are available for each new patient admission and other information requested from the pharmacist. This may include obtaining height, weight, serum creatinine, etc.
• Alerts Pharmacist when prescribed medications may be contraindicated as identified by pharmacy computer, patient, etc, due to allergies, sensitivities, therapeutic overlaps or interactions.
• Refers all inquiries or issues regarding patient therapy to a pharmacist.
• Delivers narcotics and maintains records of delivery. Provides controlled drug records to nursing, bills narcotics, advises pharmacists if there is an administration irregularities according to policy and procedure.
• Compares types and quantity of drugs returned from patient care areas with medication
• Administration record and advises pharmacist of irregularities according to established policies and procedures.
Medication Packaging - 20%
• Prepares unit dose medications according to quality control criteria. This includes placing medication in proper containers, labeling correctly and the maintenance of logbook.
• Prepares oral, topical and other pharmacy products for distribution by calculating ingredient amounts, mixing components, selecting proper containers, packaging and labeling according to established policies and procedures.
• Prepares pharmacy products in proper containers with appropriate label(s) as dictated by State and Federal regulations, standards, organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
IV Admixture – 20%
• Prepares intravenous and other sterile products by selecting and calculating ingredient amounts, mixing or injecting into the proper container and packaging and labeling according to established polices and procedures and using appropriate technique.
• Prepares pharmacy products according to quality assurance criteria including reconstitution of pharmaceutical products for dispensing. All other duties as assigned.
• Registered Technician in the State of California.
• Fire Card.
Mission Community Hospital is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer