Delaware North's Patina Restaurant Group is hiring full time and part time Prep Cooks to join our team at The Kitchen at Descanso in La Canada Flintridge, California.
Pay rate: $18 - $22 / hour
Full Time Employee Total Rewards Package: Delaware North believes in a total rewards package that helps us recruit and retain the best associates in the industry. We have a comprehensive benefits program designed to give our associates the comfort, safety and stability they need to serve our guests each and every day.
$200 Referral bonus for all current associates. Refer someone who is successfully hired into this role for 30 days and receive a $200 referral bonus.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Properly measures, portions, and prepares all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for preparation.
- Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Labels, dates and wraps food product, adhering to ServSafe procedures.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures.
- Communicates with chef for any special instructions/training.
- Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets.
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment ware).
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Frequent standing and/or walking for entire length of shift.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to lift
Who We Are
Patina Restaurant Group is a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant and catering industry, operating restaurants and managing catering and food service operations at high-profile venues including, Lincoln Center, Walt Disney World, Disneyland, the Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, and The Metropolitan Opera.
At Delaware North, youll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether its in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, theres no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.