APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
APLA Health is currently seeking a PrEP Navigator to join our team! We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
• Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
• Long Term Disability
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• 10 Paid Holidays
• 3 Personal Days
• 10 Vacation Days
• 12 Sick Days
• Metro reimbursement or free parking
• Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
PrEP Navigator (90813)
This position pays between $20.00 to $22.42/ hour. Salary commensurate with experience.
The PrEP Navigator will work closely with the Biomedical Prevention Manager to perform PrEP and PEP education, engagement, patient navigation and adherence counseling to PrEP and PEP patients. The Navigator will conduct client-centered PrEP/PEP education and adherence counseling services with a focus on patient acquisition, engagement and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide patients and clients with basic introductory education regarding PrEP/PEP.
• Assist patients and clients in scheduling primary care visits to further discuss PrEP and other health care concerns with a medical provider.
• Assess client’s health literacy level and conduct follow-up to offer adherence counseling based on client’s needs.
• Assist in scheduling appointments for patients receiving PrEP.
• Maintain, acquire, and fulfill required documentation for patient assistance programs (PAP).
• Ensure proper collection, storage, and transmission of data used in reporting, research, and program evaluation.
• Provide education about Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), and other effective biomedical and prevention interventions; refer eligible, interested clients to primary care medical services at an APLA Health clinic to further discuss PEP and other preventive care with an APLA Health provider.
• Provide immediate counseling and linkage to referrals for sexual assault victims.
• Review and maintain up-to-date and accurate knowledge of emerging scientific research regarding biomedical HIV prevention strategies, including PrEP, PEP and related interventions.
• Oversee Peer Health Educators (PHEs) outreach activities.
• Maintain highest level of client confidentiality; follow HIPAA regulations.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.