Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, were committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each others success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Product Marketing Manager, Splunk Portfolio
Are you interested in contributing to our disruptive mission to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone? Are you passionate about emerging technologies, working closely with product, marketing and sales teams, and championing customer and partner success? We are committed to our work, customers, and partners, and to having fun. We're seeking an equally passionate, skilled and lively product marketing professional to drive our portfolio of products and related initiatives to the next level.
You will be part of a team of product marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated go-to-market of the Splunk Portfolio. This role is highly cross-functional, with a focus on both strategy and execution. You will champion the narrative around how our portfolio comes together, working closely with the Product Marketing and Messaging Strategy teams to ensure cohesion between messages. You will collaborate with leaders from around the world to contribute to thought leadership and other collateral necessary to amplify Splunks positioning and value story, and enhance Splunks reputation in the market. You will also support the larger product marketing team in working with sales and enablement to create full funnel programs to ensure our portfolio narratives directly lead to accelerated and higher-value sales processes.
This is a rare opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and industry-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in B2B product or solution marketing with a can-do attitude is critical.
- Champion the narrative around the value of our portfolio, working with teams across the globe to ensure key messages make their way into each market in the highest value way
- Build key sales tools including presentations, training material, competitive analysis, and demos to improve sales effectiveness.
- Collaborate across teams to build timely portfolio-wide sales pitches and market validation of portfolio differentiators
- Bring portfolio product stories to life through integrated marketing spanning any and all channels -- web, social, demand gen, press, analysts, events, and more
- Be a key contributor to Splunk.com to bring an outcomes-oriented portfolio story to the website
- Help drive portfolio story for key events like .conf and Sales Kickoff, and key customer engagements
- Provide marketing expertise and execution to the specialists teams as they bring targeted horizontal solutions to market
- 5-7 years of product marketing experience in enterprise software or relevant similar experience; customer-facing experience a plus.
- Amazing written and oral communications skills including ability to craft differentiated positioning and messaging, build effective sales content, and deliver compelling presentations.
- Experience building customer and third party validation including working within a tight timeline, securing customer references, and creating sales training and enablement materials for the field and partners.
- Technical aptitude and ability to discern complex product information into value based messaging
- Ability to represent Splunk at various speaking engagements including conferences, press interviews, and analyst briefings.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-growth, sometimes ambiguous, and career-defining environment.
- Collaboration skills and shown success delivering results.
- Requires some domestic and international travel.
- BA or BS required; MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of SaaS based products, data platforms, streaming analytics, data preprocessing, and machine learning a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).