MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Project Accountant's primary responsibility is to support the project team regarding contract modifications, compliance, payments, reports and any other duties related to the project. Accountants are expected to occasionally travel to project sites for job status review meetings. Transportation to these sites will be provided if needed. This position reports to the Senior Accountant.
A general contractor who specializes in commercial developments, community based education facilities, mixed use and multifamily housing, seismic upgrades, historic upgrades, and waterfront projects.
* Process vendor invoices accurately and within assigned timeline. * Process sub-contractor payments accurately and within assigned timeline. * Collect and track compliance documents. * Generate reports including Payroll, A/R, Contract Status, and Job Cost. * Input owner billings in Timberline. * Job cost report modification. * Other related duties as assigned or needed.
* Associate or Bachelor's degree in accounting, or similar business degree. * Minimum 2 years prior experience working as an accountant or bookkeeper. * Experience in the construction industry preferred. * Proficient in data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable and vendor payments. * Strong communication skills. * Key competencies are Communication, teamwork, initiative, and dependability.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flex plans
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance plans
- 401K with employer matching