UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You are performance driven and have built up your provider experience. If you are ready to move forward, let's talk about where you can do more in this consultative role with our leading, global health care organization. UnitedHealth Group is driving higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. In this role, you'll use your strong customer service and consultative skills to enhance the experience and performance of providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
If you are located within PST, MST or CST time zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for network development and contracting, relationship management
- Accountable for identifying gaps in vision network composition
- Support initiatives to manage network costs
- Execute a self-directed approach to network development and follow up activities; analyzing network access and identifying opportunities that meet the financial and growth priorities.
- Contract negotiation of terms and reimbursement rates for physicians that drive balanced growth and financial success in our network
- Recommend improvements in processes
- Other job duties as assigned
- This position supports commercial as well as government business, such as Medicaid and Medicare
Consider yourself an expert problem solver who thrives on challenge? In this role, you'll be part of a performance driven, fast paced organization that is serving multiple markets. You'll also have frequent interactions with providers who are looking for solutions to problems or issues.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of health care / managed care experience
- 3+ years of provider relations and / or provider network experience
- 1+ years of experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Intermediate level of proficiency in claims processing and issue resolution
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Undergraduate degree
- Microsoft Access
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Hospital Contracting, Physician Contracting, Recruiter, Ancillary Contracting, Provider Network, Network Development, Provider Services, Provider Education, Provider Relations, Claims, Medicare, Medicaid, Los Angeles, CA, California, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, Chicago, IL, Illinois, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote