Mechanical Design Engineer
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jennifer Thomas
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
We are a global leader in liquid analytical measurement instrumentation, services and solutions for industrial process engineering. We provide process solutions for flow, level, pressure, analytics, temperature, recording and digital communications, optimizing processes in terms of economic efficiency, safety and environmental impact. Our company works in various industries, including chemical, food & beverage, life sciences, power & energy, primaries & metal, oil & gas and water & wastewater.
Why join us?
- Excellent Compensation and 100% Paid Benefits
- Family-like Company Culture
- Path for Growth
- Fun people to work with, as well
- One of the companies in Orange County with the lowest turnover
The Mechanical Design Engineer designs and develops designated sensor products for concentration measurement in industrial e.g. pharmaceutical and food & beverages applications. We're looking for an engineer with a solid background in physics, mechanics, optical, pH and Conductivity design and this person will engage in the design and development of innovative sensors that include optical components such as lamps, lenses, mirrors, prisms, photo detectors, filters and electrochemical with a global cross functional team consisting of optics, electronics, software, mechanical and chemical leveraging.
1. Produce new design models and detail drawings in Pro Engineer Wildfire 4 or Creo Windchill 11 or Creo ECTR
2. Prepare and review product design drawings and production working drawings and support optical production lines with the interpretation of design standards.
3. Prepare bill of material records to support product development.
4. Investigate mechanical, optical and electrochemical problems and improve current design.
5. Coordinate, and complete engineering tasks for assigned optical products, and other product lines.
6. Review problems and potential solutions with R&D Management, Production, Marketing and Customer Service.
7. Participate in planning and staff meetings to review progress and results.
Bachelor of Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field is required.
Additional advanced education is desirable.
7+ years of experience related to mechanical design engineering, including materials and product testing. Experience in standard materials testing procedures (e.g., ASTM) is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a thorough understanding of fundamental optics/physics and must be familiar in engineering practice and work independently or as a team member
- 5+ years experience with Pro Engineer Wildfire 4, Creo Windchill 11, Creo ECTR or Solidworks CAD systems.
- Knowledge of optical design, filters, LED, mirror, lenses, photodetectors
- Knowledge of material testing standards and quality requirements.
- Knowledge of standards and regulations e.g. FDA, USP, ASME BPE
- Knowledge of hygienic design guidelines, e.g. 3A, EHEDG
- Knowledge of project leadership methods and techniques.
- Ability to conduct optical product design work and determine appropriate material standards given product applications and guidelines.
- Administer laboratory testing and investigate and solve product design issues.
- Knowledge of certifications (CSA, FM, CRN, …) would be helpful
- Organize, prioritize and assign tasks to meet project deadlines and budget.
- Operate personal computer to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, and specialized SAP R6 software applications.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.