Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused – on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Primary Responsibility / Summary
Work under the direction of Retail Management to maintain the efficient operation of a retail store, to achieve established goals for sales, production, service, safety and expense control.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide excellent service, by engaging with each customer and donor, while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude
2. Communicate our Mission and how we serve our communities.
3. Follow all safety rules and exercise caution in all work related activities.
4. Maintain a clean and safe environment by following all social distancing and personal protective equipment policies and procedures.
5. Perform accurate Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling procedures
6. Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
7. Sort, clean, process and price donated goods, following company standards.
8. Merchandise and maintain the sales floor to meet standards and guidelines.
9. Responsible for daily opening and closing procedures at an ADC or Bookstore/Boutique, which may include cash control, locking and securing the site at the end of the day.
10. Load and unload trucks.
11. Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Performs necessary janitorial work.
2. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Ability to read, speak and write Basic English.
• Ability to operate cash register, personal computer and other technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
• Ability to share Goodwill’s purpose with the public and ask for monetary donations and ask customer and donor information.
• Ability to work with a diverse team.
• Some retail and sales experience helpful.
• Punctual and dependable attendance.
• Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
• Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates fully in carrying out its mission.
• Adheres to Goodwill’s values of Respect, Integrity, Service, & Excellence.
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal and State Law
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal
opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about
your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with
barriers to employment. Persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of
1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other
characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination
against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities
Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of
qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or
subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her
disability. Equal employment
opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of
the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading,
training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an
otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please
notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the
need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.