SAIC is seeking a seasoned Senior Systems Engineer to provide risk management and systems engineering support to the Space Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Directorate of Special Programs. SMC/SP equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
The successful candidate will support identification, mitigation planning, documentation and management of risks for space control capabilities. Candidate should have experience with, space system risk management activities, system acquisition, and the systems engineering lifecycle for space and ground systems (especially at SMC).
Major duties of the position include:
Identifying, assessing and defining/coordinating definition of mitigation plans for system risks as well as capture plans for system opportunities
Documenting risks and opportunities
Evaluating existing risk and opportunity management plans and supporting stakeholder accomplishment of planned activities
Analyzing, proposing and managing proposed changes to existing risk and opportunity management process documents and training packages utilized by the customer
Evaluating risks and opportunities managed at the program-level and identifying any that should also be elevated for management at the System-of-Systems/Enterprise level
Evaluating prime contractor risk and opportunity management efforts and ensuring the Government is properly represented and prepared to make program decisions associated with these risks and opportunities
Analyzing interfacing programs and projects and making recommendations regarding ways to manage the risk to facilitate future integration with these systems
Analyzing new and existing acquisition programs to identify and manage cybersecurity and system protection risks
Supporting the development of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of programmatic decision making.
Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government agencies/organizations, etc.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of fourteen (14) years of related experience to include space system risk and opportunity management(Masters Degree requires minimum of 12 years of related experience; PhD requires minimum of 9 years of related experience
- Strong understanding of fundamental space system risk/opportunity identification, mitigation/capture planning and overall risk and opportunity management process
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems (especially at SMC).
- Experience in developing space and ground system risk and opportunity management plans.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI
Advanced degree in Math, Science or Engineering.
Experience supporting Air Force acquisition efforts.
Active TS/SCI Highly Desired
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability