FULL TIME - NIGHT SHIFT - 12 HRS - CHARGE NURSE RN - ICU - MICU - NON UNION
- The ICU Charge Nurse is responsible and accountable to the Department Director for the quality of nursing staff and the delivery of patient care during his/her shift and assists the Director in the daily operation of the respective unit(s)/department.
- He/she provides direct communication with the Director and/or House Supervisor of unanticipated patient care events and/or risk management activities within patient care unit(s); Utilizes nursing personnel effectively, assisting with required scheduling, staffing and assignments.
- Provides direction, supervision and evaluation of staff and/or staff education as necessary; Assists with performance evaluations, progressive discipline of staff and other related HR activities as needed.
- Assesses supplies and equipment availability, ensures their proper use and functionality and assists in the daily maintenance of par levels.
- Collaborates with other department managers/supervisors to ensure smooth coordination of services to patients.
- Enhanced patient flow within the facility and efficient admission/discharge/transfer processes.
- Assesses patient care delivery and quality of care/documentation on a consistent basis.
- Directs staff members to make immediate changes in the plan of care, as appropriate to ensure patient safety and adherence to regulatory guidelines, hospital policies, procedures, protocols and/or clinical pathways and notifies Department Director, House Supervisor and/or Medical Staff as appropriate utilizing the chain of command.
- Interviews patients/families on admission and during rounds to enhance positive patient experiences, provide comprehensive orientation to the patient care unit and increase patient/family awareness on how to access services and/or the charge nurse, if necessary.
- The Charge Nurse may perform direct patient care within scope of practice and clinical competency to ensure patient safety and patient/nurse ratios.
- He/she shall be temporarily relieved of Charge Nurse duties during such times by Director/designee and shall document details of same on patient care assignment record.
- Current and valid state RN license.
- Current BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
- Current ACLS (AHA) 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Previous supervisory experience, one to two years, in acute care hospital, ICU setting, preferred.
- Minimum of one year staff nurse in an acute care hospital setting; Critical Care setting preferred.
- CCRN (AACN) within 2 years of hire, preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN), preferred.
- Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf