Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely - and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn't work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions - to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we've embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we're a partner to sellers of all sizes - large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We're building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square's Go-To-Market Automation team builds intelligent and scalable solutions that empower various GTM channels like Scalable Marketing, Sales, and Account Management to drive seller acquisition, growth and retention. Our team's skills range across operations, program management, data infrastructure, process excellence, and systems optimization.
As a member of the Go-To-Market Automation team, you will contribute to some of our most important foundational projects - and work with a variety of cross-functional partners and leadership members - to manage an outstanding incentives program for our Salespeople and Account Managers. You'll ensure operational excellence of our sales compensation & performance metrics programs and help accelerate the growth of the Sales and Account Management organization.
* Be a Subject Matter Expert for all processes, data, and reporting related to sales and account management performance metrics
* Reconcile our Sales Compensation Infrastructure with governing Sales Compensation Strategy and manage infrastructure change roadmap
* Own operational design for quota/goal attainment tracking for newly measured Sales and Account Management roles, products, or other measurement metrics
* Lead Comp Committee meetings with cross-functional stakeholders and present issues needing decision & track action items
* Develops policies and procedures to decision on compensation & ownership exceptions requests and executes on requests or escalates as necessary
* Bachelor's degree required: major in analytical or technical field
* 3-4 years of relevant professional experience: sales operations, business systems analyst, accounting, audit, or other analytical work
* Experience with Microsoft Excel / Google Apps: elegant analyses and documentation
* Experience with data visualization tools (Looker/Tableau)
* Intermediate SQL: you can write intermediate queries without support from others.
* Anaplan or any sales incentive compensation system experience a plus
* Experience collaborating across cross-functional teams including Finance, Product, Data
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
* Healthcare coverage
* Retirement Plans
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Wellness perks
* Paid parental leave
* Paid time off
* Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.