The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking a talented & proficient Sales Coordinator to take on the challenge of a unique position within a 488-room hotel that boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
Assists managers in all facets of sales/marketing/service process, from solicitation of sale through service of event while in-house, including after-event follow-up, by typing, copying, distributing and filing all related correspondence as well as answering and responding appropriately to incoming telephone calls.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Acts as liaison between sales managers and clients in manager's absence. Takes booking inquiry information via phone, and prepares proper paperwork.
- Enters data, (operates various word processing and other software packages on a personal computer) to produce contracts, correspondence, forms, memorandum and other documents. Understands written and verbal instructions.
- Answers telephone and respond to caller inquiries speaking in a clear and pleasant manner. Exercises decision making skills to direct callers' requests. Accurately records messages for staff and distributes the written messages to the staff members' office in a timely manner.
- Distributes printed documents to appropriate persons and locations to ensure prompt processing of time sensitive information by hotel and supplier staff. Transports printed documents weighing up to 10 pounds to offices, mail rooms and other locations throughout the hotel building.
- Handles individual reservations for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades, are handled properly, coordinating with other departments through oral and written instruction.
- Organizes, files and retrieves documents in appropriate binders in order to maintain essential records used in the department operation. Organizes items alphabetically and numerically.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Relieves administrative staff as necessary.
- Distributes outgoing and inter-office mail and documentation throughout hotel and to mail room.
- Answers telephones for other individuals within department during their absence from the office.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.