The Security Officer will ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel, and property by creating a welcoming environment for everyone while enforcing company policies. With event management playing an important role, you will work with VIPs and manage large crowds.
SALARY: $16.00 per hour, Full-time, with Excellent Benefits
2 Full-time Shifts Available
- Day & Swing Shift, 0630-1430 (Sa/Su) / 1800-0200 (Mo/Tu)
- Swing & Graveyard Shift, 1430-2230 (Sa/Su) / 2230-0630 (Mo/Tu)
LOCATION: 8949 Wilshire Blvd. Beverly Hills, CA 90211
- Protect the Academy's investments, enforce laws on the property, and deter criminal activity and other security related issues that may arise.
- As first responder during an emergency, manage and follow evacuation procedures to ensure the safety of guests and staff.
- Communicate with local law enforcement, fire, and emergency medical services as the situation dictates.
- Write comprehensive incident, injury, and event reports, outlining observations and activities during shift including monitoring fire and intrusion alarms and closed-circuit TV cameras and access control.
- Exhibit courteousness and respectfulness while on duty, specifically when providing services to all building occupants, staff, visitors, and Academy members alike.
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
- 5+ years security experience. Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Prior executive protection experience required. Management experience a plus.
- Experience working events and familiarity with security screening operations.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of security systems and technology including access controls, and visitor management, and emergency mass communication systems.
- Knowledge of legal guidelines in the area of security and public safety.
- Well-spoken with the ability to work with all levels of personnel, Academy members and the public. Must pass a written exam during the interview process.
- Experience de-escalate disputes and conflicts.
- Detailed with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and work as a team member.
- A valid driver’s license and CA BSIS guard card. CPR/First Aid/AED certified preferred.
- Availability to work non-traditional schedule, including nights and weekends, and work overtime and late hours on short notice.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs. and climb stairs.