Passion: Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees.
People: We have transitioned thousands of officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
Inter-Con is searching for aspiring individuals to join our thriving team of Security Officers. You’ll work as a member of a close team to form the backbone of the broad security services Inter-Con provides its valued clients every day. Opportunities exist to work closely with State Government Agencies, Healthcare Institutions, World Class Museums, Local Police Departments, Mobile Bicycle Patrols, state-of-the-art Operations Centers and many more.
Specific benefits include:
- Competitive pay.
- Recognition and Reward Programs.
- Training and Career Development.
- Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick, and 401 (k) retirement plan.
- Uniform and equipment provided.
- Additional benefits vary depending on position.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Possess courteous behavior and ability to interact and manage contact with the general public.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- BSIS Guard Card.
- CPR Certification (preferred).
- State ID (required); Valid Driver’s License (preferred).
- Receive prisoners that are administratively cleared for receipt by the USMS via manifest, prisoner schedule, or verbal instruction.
- Conduct initial questioning to assess mental and physical wellbeing prior to taking custody.
- Verify prisoner identities by name, photograph, jail or USMS number, armband, or nametag; and special handling conditions prior to taking custody.
- Search prisoners for contraband prior to taking custody from entities other than the USMS.
- Provide prisoner security during transportation and guarding assignments.
- Apply and remove restraints.
- Escort prisoners to and from cells, court, debriefing, interview and processing rooms.
- Monitor prisoner activity in person and via CCTV.
- Search and disseminate prisoner meals.
- Log all activities occurring during the shift relative to a specific prisoner and assignment.
- Conduct and log security sweeps of transportation vehicles, hospital and treatment rooms, cells, and cellblock areas prior to and after each use.
- Log prisoner trips to and from detention facilities, medical appointments, JPATS sites, and court. The log shall identify each CDO and prisoner, to and from location, date and time.
- Log their time by assignment (transportation to and from court or detention facilities, JPATS transportation, medical transportation and/or guarding, cellblock support, and courthouse support).
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822