Provide a safe and comfortable environment for all patrons and employees. Patrol and monitor assigned areas to guard against security threats including but not limited to fire, theft, vandalism, personal injury, and to ensure a proper and safe gaming environment. Ensures that facilities are secure and that security systems are operations. Observes and reports and/or resolves any unusual conditions or activities. Provide assistance to visitors by professionally responding to questions and problems. Performs all duties assigned in accordance with all applicable legal regulations and requirements, presenting oneself as an asset to the Hollywood Park Casino and encouraging others to do the same.
- Maintain a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times
- Assist in enforcing all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Prevent minors and intoxicated persons from entering the gaming floors and other unauthorized areas of the facility.
- Inform your supervisor immediately of all suspicious persons or activities that could be harmful to the casino and/or operations.
- Patrol assigned areas on foot or in a lightweight vehicle.
- Monitor casino floor to ensure a safe, comfortable, and proper gaming experience.
- Escort money transfers and conduct box pull.
- Utilize only non-offensive physical techniques, when appropriate. Must be able to effectively defuse violent/volatile situations and never use language or body language that could incite a physical confrontation.
- Escort patrons and staff safely to their vehicles, upon request. Ensure security of vehicles on property.
- Operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Remain alert and accurately document observations.
- Properly use radio equipment, following proper radio procedures.
- Adhere to company policies, at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Security supervisors and upper management.
- Ensure all rules, internal controls, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Report and address safety concerns immediately.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential job functions of this position.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce all HPC timekeeping rules and procedures.
- Adhere to and enforce all department, Human Resources and Safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Understand and enforce the Bank Secrecy Act.
Qualifications, Experience, Education
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain a casino work permit before entering this position ($114 non-refundable work permit fee through IPD)
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must have high school diploma/GED equivalent or work experience/background in a security related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in law enforcement, casino security, corporate/private security or related area.
- Must possess a valid driver license and a clean DMV record.
- Have a valid California Security Guard Card
- Must be able to work any shift and any day of the week, including weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Ability to stand for at least 7 hours during an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to accurately recall specific events.
- Ability to assist security officers in detentions of unruly, intoxicated or otherwise disorderly patrons only if necessary.
- Must be able to sit, bend, twist, run and move freely through crowded areas.
- Ability to drive a light weight motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, due to box change.
- Must be able to speak in a clear and understandable manner.
- Must have average hearing, vision and smell to identify problems that may be a threat to the establishment.
- Ability to assist patrons to evacuate the premise in the event of a catastrophe. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work, and skills being performed by people assigned to this classification. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Furthermore, the above statements may be reviewed, changed and/or modified by management at any time, with or without notice.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $17 - $18 Hourly