Tutor Perini Corporation is seeking a Senior Accountant for our office in Sylmar, CA
About Tutor Perini
Tutor Perini Corporation, a publicly-traded company, is a leading civil and building construction company offering diversified general contracting and design/build services to private clients and public agencies throughout the world.
Tutor Perini is seeking a Senior Accountant for its wholly-owned heavy equipment management subsidiary, BOW Equipment Leasing Company, which will report directly to the Controller. This position will assist with the analysis and maintenance of the general ledger and prepare financial reports. The Senior Accountant will work with other accountants to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual close procedures of the general ledger and actively manage unsecured property, business and sales tax filings for multiple states.
* Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and detailed variance analysis for general ledger accounts
* Review and update fixed assets master records and accumulated depreciation schedules on a monthly basis
* Work collaboratively with department leaders to ensure CIP (construction in progress) assets are timely placed into service and properly recorded
* Prepare and submit regulatory filings including but not limited to unsecured property, business license and sales/use tax returns
* Assist, coordinate and prepare audit schedules for the annual financial statement, compliance and regulatory audits
* Ensure accounting processes are in accordance with GAAP standards and adhere to Company policy and internal controls
* Assist with the annual budget, periodic forecast and the monthly budget-to-actual variance analysis processes
* Perform ad hoc projects or other assignments as required
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
* 3 or more years of related accounting experience
* Understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles
* A proven track record in meeting deadlines and working collaboratively as part of a team
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (intermediate Excel formula skills preferred)
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent critical and analytical skills with attention to detail
* JD Edwards, Hyperion and ReportsNow experience preferred
Tutor Perini builds extraordinary projects and we need exceptional talent. Join us and realize your full potential.
Covid-19 vaccination requirement
In accordance with Tutor Perini's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of serious hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all new hires. We have implemented this requirement (subject to exceptions required by law) in order to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our clients; the contractors, vendors, and other parties with whom we regularly interact. This requirement will help protect our workforce and these groups from COVID-19 infections, which may be reduced or prevented by vaccination. Let us know should you have questions about Tutor Perini Corp.'s policy or wish to discuss an exemption. This policy is subject to change as the transmission rate of COVID-19 and other facts and circumstances evolve.