We are seeking a UX and UI Designer to work on a team in support of our client, which is in the residential mortgage industry.
Responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our various digital assets. They will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, intuitiveness, usefulness, and exceptional visual design. In working with our internal business channels, along with potential agency relationships, the role will be accountable for gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. Responsible for providing adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand
- Collaborating with the marketing team, business leaders, and internal and external designers to create tailored experiences for users
- Investigating user experience design requirements for PennyMac's suite of digital assets (websites, portals/platforms, intranet sites, etc)
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual designs, flow diagrams, storyboards and site maps
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets (mobile and desktop)
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
- Advising and guiding the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior
- Adhering to and building upon existing brand standards for typography and graphic design
- Bachelor's degree (Design, Computer Science, or Marketing-related degree preferred)
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience for digital products or services
- Creative and conceptual thinker who can distill complex ideas into simple concepts for a variety of consumers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Working knowledge of technologies and software such as InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, HTML, CSS, iOS, Android, Visio
- Must be a team player that can also work independently to develop ideas and concepts
- Proven track record at delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and sound judgment
- Consumer brand or, if possible, financial services/mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.