GHD is growing! Among our other opportunities, we have an immediate need for a Senior Electrical Engineer. Working with the Electrical Engineer Lead, this position offers great variety of projects, and will see you involved in
- Planning and owning the delivery of electrical designs and calculations
- Leading and contributing to the preparation of proposals and bids for projects
- Providing creative solutions to fit the needs of our clients and communities
- Coordinating the work of the team, mentoring less experienced team members
What you will bring to the team
- Proven excellence at all stages of the project life-cycle, from preparing bids to feasibility studies, consenting, detailed design and data analysis, and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems to brief and budget
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- An interest in coaching and mentoring to technically strengthen the team capabilities
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 10+ years of professional engineering experience with exposure to water/wastewater related projects
- Registered Professional Engineer in California (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or suitable field
- Consulting industry experience.
- Technical expertise in low and medium voltage power distribution, arc flash, short circuit analysis, backup power systems and uninterruptible power systems.
- Experience working in multi-disciplined teams – e.g. architects, civil, structural, mechanical, instrumentation engineers
- Experience with BD (proposal writing, positioning with clients, fee negotiations) considered a plus
- Experience leading project teams
- Experiencing working with Federal, State & Municipal clients preferred.
- Technical expertise with instrumentation and control system design will be advantageous
- Technical expertise with lighting controls and the California building codes will be advantageous
- Experience with power systems simulation software such as SKM Powertools, PSS or ETAP is considered a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.