At Entertainment Partners we help to power Oscar-winning films, Emmy-winning shows, and Clio-winning commercials. Feel the satisfaction of doing work that directly impacts the most exciting industry in the world while fostering a work environment with the nimbleness of a start-up but the stability of a blue chip. EP is poised to redefine and evolve the back-office processes of the entertainment community with security at the core of what we do.
Are you looking for the next opportunity to revolutionize an industry? If so....
We are targeting a Senior Employment Law Counsel who will provide legal counsel on corporate matters for the Company with a focus on corporate/internal employee human resource legal matters. The position will also counsel other business units on legal issues and contracts and represent and advise the Company in additional areas as determined by Legal management.
· Provide legal counsel on corporate/internal employee human resource matters for the Company.
· Research and stay current on pertinent employment laws, draft and update Company’s employee handbook/personnel policies as needed, and provide counsel to other departments on employee relations legal compliance.
· Represent the Company in administrative agency cases (e.g., DLSE, EEOC, DFEH) and conduct/supervise privileged internal employee investigations/audits and manage employment-related court litigation.
· Provide legal counsel and preparation and/or review of Company contracts, including employment, separation and confidentiality agreements and confidentiality agreements, business contracts and other agreements/legal documents.
· Assist the Legal management on any legal projects, litigations, or other identified matters.
· Serve as legal resource for all business units.
JOB REQUIRMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
· Law degree from ABA-accredited law school.
· Licensed to practice law in at least California.
· 3+ years’ experience in law firm or in-house counsel.
· Advanced legal reasoning and research capabilities.
· Strong legal and business writing skills.
· Command of employment and contract law and process.
· Extensive agency and court civil litigation background.
· Judgment and decision-making skills.
· Effective oral communication ability.
· Complex problem-solving skills.
· Active learning and listening capabilities.
· Knowledge of providing strong client legal service.
· Negotiation and persuasion skills.
· Versed in Lexis, Westlaw or equivalent electronic legal research tools.
· PC and Microsoft Office experience at an intermediate level.
· Time management and multi-tasking abilities.
· Responsible handling of confidential information.