Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant, you will have a strong understanding of health insurance claims and authorization data. You will investigate key business problems and provide leadership with quantitative analyses of healthcare cost and utilization data. You will analyze and interpret data from various sources, identify appropriate measurement methodologies, design reports, and work with clinical and operational teams to drive financial performance of population health programs. Your analyses will be used to create viable, real - world solutions in a complex health care landscape.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides leadership with quantitative analyses of healthcare cost and utilization data, identifying and implementing the appropriate analytic approaches and methodologies
- Predicts emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participates in the development of business strategy
- Leads large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- May have segment-wide impact
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Actuarial Science, Public Health, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience working with complex healthcare data
- Experience in prioritizing work on multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in SAS and/or SQL
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Master's degree in Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Actuarial Science, Public Health, or a related field
- SAS experience
- Experience with Tableau
Careers with UHC. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. UHC, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. UHC, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant, Healthcare Economics Consultant, Data Analytics, SAS, Health Care, Healthcare, Healthcare Analytics, Population Health, Disease Management, Cypress, CA, California, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote