Job Summary & Essential Functions: The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
Serve as the senior human resources managerto site leaders and support the marketing and deployment of HR support activity for the SBU. Plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the personnel, training, employee and labor relations activities of the facility. Duties involve executing corporate policies; directing the selection, training, development of employees; performance management; administering benefits; safety; employee morale programs developing wage and salary schedules.
Partner with PCD Leadership:
- Function as key HR strategic senior human resources managerwith business leadership teams to develop and execute critical business and organizational strategies and align with the PCD value proposition.
- Be a credible coach and confidante to the leadership teams, as well as a strong employee advocate.
- Provide leadership, guidance and counsel on matters related to talent, organizational change, human capital, employee engagement, etc.
- Develop and execute HR plans, processes, and programs aligned with business objectives, including organizational design, succession planning, talent management/acquisition, goal alignment, employee engagement and communications.
Fiscal & Compensation Management:
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for all expenses, services, outside resources and business practices.
- Manage training, labor and resource budgets to support AOP (Annual Operating Plan) and LRP (Long Range Plan).
- Manage project budgets and initiatives for HR and SBU as required.
- Manage PCD compensation structure including development of wage and salary schedules.
- Maintain recruiting costs and budgets such as advertising costs, salaries, relocation expenses, and recruiter / agency fees.
Serve as expert in change management processes to positively impact organizational effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and coaching to leadership team on change management.
- Drive and enable cultural transformation to support a progressive, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Strategy Development and Implementation:
- Develop a sustainable strategic workforce plan for the organization.
- Align HR and OD activities and initiatives with AOP and LRP and with business value proposition goals and objectives.
- Proactively seek opportunities to drive efficiencies and performance of the HR function to meet needs of the future state of the organization.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on organizational development related matters, including organizational analysis, strategy, structure and key processes to support organizational/business needs.
- Provide guidance to leadership on talent management/development and succession planning to ensure the right talent capabilities and bench strength are developed to support current and future business needs.
- Develop career path opportunities within the organizational structure and provide guidance to leadership on career planning discussions.
- Support and foster growth and professional development of direct reports within Human Resources as well as talent in other functional areas of the organization.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to staff to drive engagement and productivity.
- Provide clear goals and expectations to encourage successful performance of others.
Policy, Procedure and Process Administration:
- Implement and administer corporate policies; align processes with key compliance controls and support audit processes and requirements.
- Must provide guidance, implementation and participation in the creation of company HR policies/procedures, applicable contracts/agreements (temporary agency, collective bargaining, employment offers- performance, offers, etc.).
- Must be able to interpret and provide guidance regarding federal, state, and local employment laws/policy.
- Ensures effective human resource systems and processes are developed, implemented and continually improved.
- Administer employee benefit programs (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Disability, etc.) including training, open enrollment processes, implementation of new programs and employee support.
- Support and drive employee participation in company sponsored wellness programs.
- Manage employee leave of absence programs and interactive processes to ensure compliance with FML and ADA requirements.
Safety & Worker's Compensation:
- Support EH&S officer in the implementation of safety initiatives and requirements.
- Manage worker's compensation process related to medical treatment, cost control and claim adjustor communication.
- Proactively support safety concerns and issues through collaboration with EH&S and operations.
- Ensure proper safety training is provided to new hires and support monthly training initiatives provided by EH&S officers.
- Will need to collaborate with and influence a team of centralized HR Generalists.
- Drive a culture of fair and equitable employment practices.
- Provide and foster ongoing coaching and counseling of employees through training and guidance with all people managers.
- Administer and oversee all performance appraisal, goal setting and 360° feedback processes.
- Manage performance issues through administration of the company performance coaching and counseling policy.
Recruiting and On-Boarding:
- Responsible for assessing and supporting the workforce requirements for the SBU.
- Drive efficient and timely recruitment strategies to support the needs of the business.
- Focus on recruiting strong talent to enhance bench strength and support succession planning goals and objectives.
- Develop best practices with on-boarding programs and assimilation of new employees.
- Manage Affirmative Action Plan reporting and diversity requirements.
Employee Engagement and Recognition:
- Build and support an employee engagement strategy that facilitates organizational performance and enables successful organizational change.
- Coaches and advises on appropriate total rewards strategies, programs, and tools to enhance organizational performance and employee engagement.
- Facilitate programs and work structure that promotes employee ownership and empowerment.
Internal Communication and Collaboration:
- Support and promote company core values of honesty, professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork and utilize the Ducommun Way methodology to achieve objectives.
- Drive strong employee relations through frequent and clear communications, clarity of expectations, and promoting positive relationships among management and employees.
- Collaborate with other HRBP leaders to share best practices, critical needs issues, and PCD initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with SBU & operations center leadership and teams to continuously assess operating plan and functional results to apply necessary business improvement methodologies
- Build and develop close relationships with cross functions (Operations, PMO, SC, Finance, PI and Engineering).
- Build and develop close relationships with HR peers to drive alignment, standardized work and drive growth and results.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure the HR function supports and meets long term plans and initiatives.
- Actively lead/participate in cross-functional business projects improving employee engagement, talent development, organizational design and development, and other key performance requirements.
Performance Tracking and Measurement:
- Support and manage strategic goal deployment processes and tracking of key performance indicators.
- Define targets for improvement for measurements aligned to specific initiatives and areas of opportunity.
- Link and align departmental goals to the goals of the operating center, strategic business unit and corporate.
- Initiate, promote and drive lean methodologies across all processes and standard work.
Focuses on operational excellence through innovation, efficiency, process excellence, and accountability.
Focus on continuous improvement within scope of responsibilities for developing, improving and implementing sound HR practices.
- Work with HRIS and corporate HR to seek improvements in the systems support tools to ensure world class HR process.
Labor Relations (if applicable):
- Manage and administer collective bargaining agreement and participate and provide guidance during contract negotiations.
- Manage grievance procedures to handle complaints that result from disputes with unionized employees over the collective bargaining agreement, work rules, and interpretation of the meaning of the contract.
Participate and act as employer representative for all arbitration hearings.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters and SPHR preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive HR experience.
- Minimum 15 years of Managerial / Supervisory experience.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
- Must have experience in partnering with business leaders to meet business objectives.
- Union Shop -Labor Relations experience
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and delivery with proven, measurable results for managing change.
- Strong talent management, leadership development, performance management, and org dev. experience.
- Demonstrated success in creating an environment of trust with customers where integrity is unquestioned; can effectively utilize negotiation and conflict resolution skills when needed.
- Ability to analyze HR metrics for use in developing goals and driving key business strategies and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communications skills with all levels of the organization required.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures business compliance.
- Confidentiality is a must.
- Ability to build trust and serve as an employee advocate.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Computer knowledge and skills, i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS experience.
- Pleasant personality must interact with all levels of personnel, customers and vendors.
- Ability to manage numerous projects and meet deadlines as required.
- Conscientious, organized and meticulous - records must be accurate and maintained.
- Ability to read, understands, and communicates internal procedures and policies.
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Understanding of Behavioral Interviewing Techniques.
- Ability to problem solve and conduct root cause analysis.
- Ability to understand lean principles/methodology.
- Ability to learn the basics of manufacturing processes within the facility.
- Basic understanding of accounting and finance reports/principles.
- Ability to create presentations and to make presentations to employees at all levels
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Working conditions are: 70% office environment, 30% manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to handle stress associated with management position.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use of hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Noise level is moderate in office environment.
- Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes, leather construction, must be worn in all manufacturing areas.