Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Commercial data Science team within Optum Insight (OI) Payer Analytics is expanding. We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to join this growing team. This individual will be responsible on the development and delivery of large and complex predictive modeling projects for healthcare Payment Integrity processes. Senior Data Scientist-Post Pay develops innovative and effective approaches to solve client's analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies. Sr. Data Scientist also provides directions and guidelines to Data Scientists to discover business insights, identifies opportunities, and provides solutions and recommendations to solve business problems through the use of statistical, algorithmic, data mining, and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, Sr. Data Scientist is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database, and computing environments, and communicating results.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple predictive detection engines in Optum Insight payer analytics
- Lead discovery processes with Data Scientists and partner with Payment Integrity Operation management to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome
- Create and provide sound statistical analyses and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions
- Collaborates with the data steward to gather information to be used for analytics and predictive model building purpose and to ensure the data meets the qualification and assurance requirements of the analyses
- Design sampling methodology, prepare data, including data cleaning, univariate analysis, missing value imputation, etc., identify appropriate analytic and statistical methodology, develop predictive models and document process and results
- Communicate analytics results and predictive models to business partners and clients
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of statistical models and recommend ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information
- Recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS, Master's or Ph.D. degree in computer science, applied mathematics, (bio) statistics, applied statistics, economics, or similar quantitative fields of study
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis and predictive analytics with machine learning/statistical modeling techniques.
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on modeling skills and strong analytic programming skills using R or Python
- 5+ years of experience manipulating large datasets and using databases
- Experience working with analytical concepts and analytical solutions that can help customers; solutions around healthcare claims cost reduction preferred
- Experience learning and working with new concepts and technologies - all the way down to the theorems - and to come out with original solutions to mathematical issues
- Telecommute is available for this role
- Experience with health care claims data
- Experience with Post Payment Integrity processes
- Experience with SQL, Python, Hadoop (MapReduce, PIG, Hive, Spark), R, H2O, or equivalent
- UI design experience for automated and-or end-user-interactive visualizations, displays or reports based on the models’ outcomes (for example using Tableau)
- Experience with Version Control (for example Git Version Control system)
- Working knowledge and understanding of medical coding, including ICD, CPT, DRG, etc.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Senior Data Scientist, Sr. Data Scientist, R, Python, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota