Eaton's Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based in our Los Angeles, CA facility.
The LA facility has approximately 250 employees (and growing) and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
This position will be the technical support for application development and sustaining production engineering of components and/or systems with emphasis on hydro-mechanical and electro-mechanical products. To assist manufacturing, manufacturing engineers, focus-factory personnel, project lead engineers, and/or Operations management in determination of work scope, tasks, and budgets. This role also provides methods of cost reduction for production and production-related activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. Its where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potentialand where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Apply technical skills for performance and production problem-resolution of hydraulic, pneumatic and electro-mechanical products and related components with relatively little guidance.
- Focus on the goals of cost reduction, standardization of similar products and the robustness and quality improvement of design.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles and utilize Six Sigma methodologies to develop and maintain robust manufacturing processes to increase productivity, reduce variation, and eliminate waste.
- Utilize technical skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to product non-conformance and performance test failures for hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical products. Leverage leads within the team.
- Serve as a technical contact with internal and external customers, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, product support, material, and suppliers ensuring their satisfaction.
- Implement performance, cost, quality and consistency improvements in products and process during and after their design phase.
- Lead root cause and corrective action for manufacturing issues by utilizing problem-solving tools such as 8D analysis and PFMEAs (Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- Be able to work on a cross-functional team to execute projects and ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Be prepared to work some extended hours, when necessary, to complete a task.
- Create new and revise existing manufacturing process plans to accomplish manufacturing with the least amount of waste and best quality possible.
- Develop technical expertise on hydraulic and pneumatic products with emphasis on producibility and first-time pass.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with manufacturing activities of products and components in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA (90039) will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- Experience in an aerospace environment.
- Experience within a machine shop.
- Experience with automation.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
What you will get from us
Eatons mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. Its where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potentialand where you can help us reach ours. Eatons 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the companys operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No