Senior Paralegal, Copyright
The Walt Disney Company is a diversified, international family entertainment and media organization whose operations include entertainment production and distribution including motion pictures and television shows, streaming platforms, theme parks, resorts and experiences, theatrical productions, music, consumer products, radio and television stations, broadcast and cable networks, Internet offerings, and publishing activities, among others.
The Walt Disney Companys Corporate Legal Department is seeking a Senior Paralegal to join the Copyright team within the Intellectual Property Group to assist with, but not limited to, review of files, agreements and contracts and other information for ownership, distribution and other rights related matters. The role will have exposure to and the opportunity to work with global legal department and business units.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in the entertainment industry with experience in some of the following: issues around IP rights, chain of title, talent agreements, domestic and international production, distribution and music agreements
- Ability to work quickly, both independently and accurately with diplomacy and good legal judgment
- Ability to take direction from supervisor and others with experience in the department, and also collaborate with peers and others within the department and the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form strong working relationship with various segments of the company
- Ability to properly handle materials that are highly sensitive and confidential.
- Aptitude for working as part of a team with a strong commitment to quality and passion for results
- Excellent writing skills for emails and other correspondence
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Superior organizational and follow-through skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office programs, non-Microsoft database programs such as FileMaker Pro, and document management tools
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certification or equivalent experience as set forth by California Business and Profession Code, Section 6450 (c)
- Fluency or proficiency in language(s) in addition to English.