One of our clients in Los Angeles is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with the following skills and experience:
Candidate will be supporting custom tools/integrations and apis. Experience with application development in js/typescript and ideally golang or java. working with caches such as Elastic Search. Must have strong experience with working in pipelines and deep understanding off software development lifecycle with multiple team members (code check in, versioning, branching etc.)
The Senior SWE will help create, build and deliver amazing experiences for our guests, fans and businesses.
* Lead and coordinate migrations related to Github & Gitlab
* Develop/Architect automated builds and the continuous integration systems paradigms
* Develop/Architect tools that manage automated code deployments during the release process
* Maintain documentation of the build and continuous integration systems
This will include consultation, designing, building, and supporting development pipelines, engineering high reliability and reinforcing best practices to secure our company and guest data.
To be successful in this role, you will protect, operate, and continuously improve the automation and systems that run experiences, products, & services with a focus on availability, latency, automation, & cross-company collaboration while embracing a DevOps culture.
The Senior SWE is expected to have strong experience with software development practices (e.g. Python, Go, Java, Node, Typescript, JS), CI Pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins), Git source management, cloud hosting (AWS, GCP & Azure), container computing (e.g. Docker), web technologies and the DevOps team culture. This position will also bring expertise on systems, network, operational excellence and application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation.
The Senior SWE must be prepared to work with engineering, creative and production teams in an extremely collaborative and high-energy environment to brainstorm, architect, gather requirements, troubleshoot, and provide stellar customer support. The ideal Senior SWE is passionate about constantly learning, taking technology to the next level to solve complex problems, and is a highly motivated, optimistic, proactive, creative thought leader and project manager.
The Senior SWE will:
Translate ideas into tangible products that shape experiences by focusing on a systematic approach to automation, resiliency, efficiency, stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation and serve as a subject matter expert through internal and external tech talks and conferences.
Make an impact on a transformative team and culture by designing, building, and supporting systems for large-scale enterprise platforms.
Collaborate and serve as a thought partner to work with various Engineering and Production teams to gather requirements, troubleshoot issues, apply a scientific approach to continuous improvement, challenge status quo, promote a high accountability trust culture and provide stellar customer support.
Inspire and lead initial discovery, architecture, design, automation, implementation and operationalization, including:
● Business Engagement and Requirements Gathering
● Architectural Review, Proof of Concept Work, and Onboarding
● Project: Build and Operationalize New Systems/Sites/Services/Products
● Systematic Load Testing, Troubleshooting, Optimization and Tuning
● Development: Tools and Automation Frameworks
● Documentation: Creation of Application Design documents, Run books, and Knowledge Base Articles
5 years of software development or systems engineering experience with large scale Enterprise platforms
* Experience with Github and/or Gitlab
* Experience maintaining a production build system for a large software project
* Proficiency with a build automation framework
* Proficiency with a revision and artifact control systems
* Experience with dependency management in complex software projects
* Knowledge of static code analysis tools
* Experience with AWS, Google or similar cloud computing environments.
* Experience working in an Agile development environment
7+ years of software or systems engineering experience with large-scale Enterprise platforms
* Experience working with ITIL and Service Management best practices is a plus.
* Experience working in a high capacity, highly scalable mission-critical web serving environment
* Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (Safe Harbor or PCI experience a plus!)
* GitHub, GitLab
* Gitlab-CI, YML
* Jenkins, Jenkinsfile
* Docker & Kubernetes
* Maven, Nexus Repo
Interested candidates may submit their resumes online or call at 310-906-4780 for further information regarding the position.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™