Would you like to impact the digital experiences of millions?
Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex challenges?
Join our highly skilled engineering team
Our Edge Technology group takes ownership for planning, building, maintaining and operating our global platform. We design, develop and deploy critical technologies including the hardware, software and network infrastructure. This provides the technical underpinnings for all of Akamais products. Our team ensures consistent availability and performance for our customers.
Become Akamai's newest networking expert
As a Senior Software Engineer in Protocol Optimization, you will develop innovative solutions that help make our global network run faster and more efficiently. Working with engineering and product teams you will be a network expert at Akamai. You will ensure our next generation of Media products meets the needs of millions of users worldwide.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Enhancing Akamais network protocols and performance to improve network delivery for our customers
- Designing and developing highly scalable and secure software from conception through deployment
- Collaborating with a team of experienced engineers on a variety of client and server-side software projects
- Analyzing performance and stability issues on Akamais networks to ensure a world class service for our customers
- Leveraging new technologies in the kernel and networking space to be deployed on our platforms
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or its equivalent.
- Enjoy working as a team, collaborating and solving problems with others
- Demonstrate strong programming experience in C and/or C++
- Have experience with Linux and networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, DNS and/or HTTP
- Be naturally curious, passionate about problem solving and constantly adapting and learning new things
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, were curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, youll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.