Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be an integral part of a development team working on the development of the front end and server side of a game changing automation platform for a large customer base. You will be responsible for delivering business critical projects while managing their day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner. In this role you will also mentor junior developers, work on technical design and framework development. As a Sr Software Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects from design to release. Full Software development life cycle experience is required to excel in this role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Senior Web application developer for an Automation platform (Tech Hub) designing and developing a seamless user experience for IT Product automation (Infrastructure & other categories)
- Build & enhance the platform for effective integration with various IT products within the Enterprise Enablement & Platform services & beyond
- Integration of Tech Hub with Data Insights & Analytics back end system that involves Data Engineering and AI/Machine learning with Data Analytics
- Lead design & development for modules and projects
- Be a core contributor of code, tests, automation, application design and architecture on an Agile team of engineers working across the stack
- Solve tough technical problems at any level of stack (Backend / Frontend / Database / Infrastructure) and be persistent in getting to the solution
- Build highly performant distributed systems
- Guide and mentor junior developers
- Perform Code reviews
- Engineer automated test and metric reporting solutions
- Collaborate as part of the scrum team in grooming user stories and development of acceptance criteria for the user stories
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to plan and execute engineering, infrastructure and business objectives
- Communications and status for stakeholders
- Learn and Share - Deeply values learning as a continuous investment and share knowledge within and across teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development and design experience building complex web applications using Agile methodologies
- 4+ years of experience with version control systems such as Git
- 2+ years of CI CD experience deploying applications preferably in OpenShift or Kubernetes containers
- Solid knowledge of responsive design and development
- Demonstrative understanding of functional reactive programming with CSS3 and HTML5
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working with one or more mainstream programming languages such as Python, Java, C# or any web technologies
- Experience working in cloud-based solutions
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.