This position’s responsibilities involve collaborating with customers and providing software solutions, based on Linux kernel/BSP/APIs for various applications.
- The Software Engineer will act as a resource and software project leader for the engineering team.
- He/she will develop application development images/kits for various Unix-like based OS platforms and RISC products or IoT device applications.
- The software engineer will also be responsible for maintaining product specifications, current and legacy codes, manage bug fixes, adding feature enhancements and application notes, etc.
What you will do:
- Responsible for providing engineering response to customer, requirements gathering, implementation review and release.
- Works closely and guides the activities of the ODM/OEM project. Understand supplier’s technology and product roadmaps.
- Works directly with project/program manager, marketing, operation and quality team to bring the products to market.
- Consolidates all of the engineering specifications from RFQ of new ODM/OEM projects.
- Evaluates technical options and represents business requirements to the engineering organization
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Computer Science Engineering related field.
- Preferable with 3-5 years working experience in a similar field.
- Software development proficiency in C or Shell scripts.
- Experience developing software and porting open source software for embedded Linux platforms
- Experience with diagnostic utilities.
- Strong root-cause analysis skills for complex SW systems.
- Embedded systems development and board bring-up experience.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel, filesystem, boot process, or driver architecture
- Understanding of processor and hardware requirements around embedded Linux
- Excellent verbal/written and presentation skills.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer