Job Description Summary
The Specialized Case Manager is responsible for providing intensive case management services to OC CalWORKS Participants. They will also be responsible for providing Cal-Learn, Domestic Abuse, and Family Stabilization Case Management Services, and Mutual Client Case Management Services with Child and Family Services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in a human services related field, or four (4) years of experience in employment services, or human services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide case management services to a caseload of assigned program participants experiencing severe barriers to employment.
- Develop and use expertise to address special issues affecting participants who are on long-term Cash Assistance; have a history of sanction or program non-compliance; or ex-offender status.
- Consider barriers to employment in making program placement decisions.
- Provide job readiness screening and assessment.
- Assess participants need for Back to Work services and assist participants to develop Employment Plan.
- Refer applicants and participants to appropriate program components.
- Coordinate all project services provided to a participant.
- Refer program participants to community resources, including long-term and emergency child care services; and provides follow up as to the effective provision of service.
- Provide employment counseling and job leads to participants to ensure job placement and retention.
- Provide support to ensure stability in employment and coordinates ongoing retention activities for employed participants if necessary.
- Initiate non-compliance procedures and follows up on process for participants who fail to meet program requirements.
- Participate regularly in work groups and committees aimed at evaluating customer needs, improving services, and implementing new service strategies.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and established relationships with the local employment market and labor market needs.
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and implement a case management plan meeting all milestones.
- Ability to work with customers in a caring and respectful manner and with due understanding of and consideration for their unique circumstances.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field, equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree (four years applicable experience may substitute for degree) and 1 year related work experience required.
- Experience in marketing employers and working with business professional community.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.