At Sunset Studios you are joining a team with a rich history in studio production services. We provide best-in-class studio and transportation services to the biggest entertainment and production companies, and we're seeking a Sr. General Manager of Transportation. This person will provide the highest level of customer service with a sales-minded attitude while developing lasting customer relations. They will supervise the Transportation department team members, including customer service interactions, service reports, and repairs. Along with being an active team member of the SSPS team.
Are you looking to use your Leadership experience and outstanding customer service skills to support a thriving, forward-thinking company? Join us at Sunset Studios!
What You'll Do
- Work closely with and report to SSPS Sr. Director of Transportation to facilitate operational directives and to ensure best practices are followed throughout the company.
- Oversee SSPS Operations at West Coast locations (i.e., Sylmar North, Sylmar South, ABQ) as well as assist with other SSPS locations across the country, as needed (e.g., ATL).
- Communicate daily with Operations managers, supervisors, technicians, sales managers to provide leadership, guidance, and assistance for each dept to meet expectations, reach goals, and empower employees.
- Training Operational Leads to ensure SOP is followed at all locations.
- Assist Fleet Manager (periodically) with coordinating vehicle movement, L&D, DOT, Logistics.
- Assist Director of Manufacturing (periodically) with coordinating vehicle movement, L&D, parts, procurement, logistics.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and lead by example (I.e., adhering to the core values of the company).
- Understand and display an extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including vehicle/equipment details and company services offered.
- Monitors department issues and client complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues.
- Regularly audit work being done and customer service is provided to ensure all standards are met and that repair work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly.
- Ensure that all department employees follow safety policies and practices and that they report all accidents immediately.
- Oversee team members performing inspections, preparing reports, and doing repairs to ensure the highest quality of work.
- Hire, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of Transportation Dept staff.
- Understand and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service and parts operations such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know act, etc.
- Report to management or follow procedure as established in Safety Program all conditions that may be affecting the safety and health of the workplace.
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years of experience in vehicle maintenance or related field.
- Fleet management of 250+ units
- Preferred Rental Industry Experience
- Team Management Experience for 20+ employees
- Strong Customer Facing Skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication
- Creative-Problem Solving
- Attentive to details – accurate and thorough
- Ability to work independently
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS/ENVIRONMENT:
- Requires a wide range of constant physical activities, including but not limited to standing, walking, and sitting.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of force greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work sedentary criteria are met
- Must be able to ascend and descend ladders, stairs and in proximity to loud equipment.
- Frequent repetitive movements.
- Requires close, distance, peripheral vision and depth perception.