Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Burbank, California
Duration: 12 month
Compensation: $75 - $79 per hour
Work Requirements: Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer role in Burbank, CA.
Skillset / Experience:
- For this particular position, what we need is someone who's "pretty solid" technically but good with people, projects, planning, and analysis. The engineers in this group do lots and lots of projects that they have to self-manage. That means they need to have more well-rounded skills. In our BNDS group, that means they have to be able to organize and manage their time, their projects and their project budgets - in addition to being engineers. Must have come from a large scale environment.
20% Verbal Communications Is at least somewhat of a people-person; somewhat personable; enjoys talking to people; articulate and communicative; customer-service oriented. - Must be able to articulate and speak to your customer who is the business- this is a customer service role in the sense you are constantly in front of the business.
20% Planning & Analysis Takes in adequate requirements by asking pertinent and thorough-enough questions, then translates those to an action plan with 5-10 milestones. Can take a random request for information or recommendation, and analyze the situation and prepare alternatives for management review. - what are current issues, next steps, planning skills, updating skills
35% Project Management Tracks and communicates progress via 1-page dashboards to management stakeholders. Is time-driven, setting timelines to actions of self and others; and escalating when timelines become at-risk. Can manage a simple project budget. - On a daily basis must have light PM skills to put plan together on what they are going to do for a project. Must be able to ID milestones and will have 5-8 projects working on so how are you going to pull together the plan to get work done. Need to track and update-
25% Technical Possesses solid data networking technical skills which everyone commonly recruits for. - They are providing design like blueprints for 3rd party to implement. Hardware/software configuration, write ups. Draw and interpret detailed scope of work for 3rd party to build it. Need to have network engineering background
Business Network Design Services ("BNDS") is a network team within Enterprise Technology that designs and implements network infrastructure to directly support business units including LAN, MAN, WAN, internet, WiFi, and voice network services. BNDS engineers work closely with other technical teams to provide the network services, including the strategy/architecture team, network operations, global information security, wireless and cloud teams among others. This is an opportunity to build networks for Client's world-class business units including filmed & TV production, media & broadcast, and content distribution
The Sr. Network Engineer ("SNE") provides consulting to business units and peer groups, develops network design plans, and drives implementation of network solutions. As such, it is a hybrid role requiring a balance of technical, people and project skills.
Consulting: meet regularly with business unit technologists to understand technical strategy, gather requirements, and translate requirements into technology solutions. This requires relationship building / management skills, planning, customer service, and problem-solving skills in serving as an interface between Enterprise Tech and the Business Units.
Analysis & Proposals: arrange information effectively into solutions alternatives and present them to leadership and the Business Units. This requires accounting for multiple aspects of design solutions including technical, cost/financial, process, security and ongoing support.
Design: prepare technical designs leveraging Client's architecture & design standards. This can include a mix of standard document writing, network diagrams, or contribution to configuration automation. Write Scope of Work documents to guide 3rd party implementers who will conduct the hands-on configuration of network devices; prepare other documentation as necessary regarding the infrastructure to be deployed.
Implementation: prepare documentation in order to execute on the design plans; own the on-time, on-budget implementation of the solution, including oversight of 3rd party implementers and other Disney project team members.
New Technology Evaluation: on occasion, assist the architecture team to evaluate new technology solutions; provide practical and Business Unit-oriented perspective to the selection of new technology and adoption of processes.
- College-level education is desired but not absolutely required. A 4-year degree in the field of Mathematics, Decision Systems, Computer Science or Business would be ideal.
- At least two manufacturer certifications in the areas of switching/routing, firewalls, IPS, load balancers, and other related network technology - or equivalent and demonstrable knowledge.
- 7+ years in an enterprise environment that operates 7x24 services to multiple business units with a progression of responsibilities spanning network operations, implementation, design, and architecture.
- Technical leadership experience in a large, complex enterprise (e.g. at least 30+ sites in multiple countries, at least 10-15k users but preferably 50k+ users).
- Architecting world-class, large-scale data networks for global enterprises that maximize security, performance, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Working with business units to rapidly develop and implement solutions.
- Building and supporting enterprise LANs, MANs, WANs, VPNs, and remote access solutions in a variety of topologies.
- Programming experience to simplify, automate, or orchestrate any network tasks.
Advanced / Ideal Experience:
- Media/Entertainment industry experience is beneficial.
- Additional technology experience outside of data networking is beneficial.
- Data center and/or cloud network design experience is beneficial.
- Experience with multiple vendor switching, routing, and security products (i.e. not just Cisco).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a highly visible fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Positive, collaborative, supportive, problem-solving approach to working with others.
- The candidate must have intermediate to advanced data networking skills and experiences, both hands-on and theoretical.
- Working knowledge of LAN/MAN/WAN topologies & platforms, routing protocols, current data center architectures, DNS/DHCP, IPAM, multicast, VRF, QoS, etc.
- Basic or intermediate programming skills in Python or other contemporary toolset/language
WHAT THIS ROLE IS NOT:
- Operations: this is not an operations position; there are few if any duties related to operating the network or performing break-fix activities beyond perhaps consulting on the intended design. Prior operations experience is highly valuable, however.
- Hands-On: this position does not require hands-on configuration of devices, although the engineer is expected to have some of this knowledge ideally from prior experience. The Sr. Network Engineer will develop plans to hand over to 3rd party implementers to conduct the hands-on work.
- Security: this is not specifically a Security position, although security is of the highest importance in client and the position requires understanding of and adherence to Client and industry security practices. The candidate must possess a strong network engineering & consulting foundation.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.