Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Sylmar, CA, currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Software Quality Engineer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Execute and support on-time completion of Quality Engineering deliverables: test plans (manual an automated), test scripts (manual and automated), test reports
- Manage test planning and execution efforts by a combinedl team of testers located onsite and/or offshore
- Design and develop test automation frameworks, as needed (mostly for web and mobile applications)
- Explain the testing methodology, processes, tools, templates, environment, and concepts to the team members, and cross-functional teams at large
- Create and manage testing schedule and work plan
- Lead and coordinate test planning and test execution efforts
- Support on-time execution of Quality Plans
- Guide development and documentation of standard operating procedures, specifications and test procedures
- Coach and mentor team members on best practices in verification and validation testing, and overall product lifecycle testing/quality engineering (mostly across integration and system testing), to establish product and system reliability. Accent on agile testing and automated testing practices, across web and mobile platforms
- Accountable for Design Verification and Validation test planning & execution, including active cross-functional root-cause analysis investigation & resolution activities (using manual test cases, or developing test automation scripts)
- Lead teams of engineers onsite and offshore, to deliver V&V workstream deliverables.
- Participate in reviews for System and Software requirements, Software and Firmware design, and code inspection, using static testing and TDD practices
- Reviews test protocols and test results provided by another functional group.
- Lead or support product Risk Management activities
- Bring forth ideas and implement quality tools that improve the software design reviews.
- Bring forth ideas and implement testing tools that improve the software testing lifecycle.
- Ensure DHF content completion, integrity, and regulatory & standards compliance; collaboratively communicating & resolving gaps
- Support internal & external audit and related responses
- Support the establishment of objective, measurable and verifiable customer and product requirements
- Complete Document Change Request Reviews in a timely and objective manner
- Additional duties may be identified by functional management based on the current project/business objectives.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor level degree in Computer science, software engineering or a closely related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of combined experience in software development and testing of mobile, web-based, client-server, and/or embedded systems applications
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in software testing and verification/validation, including lead experience
- Experience developing automation frameworks and scripts using Selenium, and/or Appium, UFT, etc.
- Programming experience in C/C#/Visual Studio/Java, Scripting Language such as Python, Ruby, Perl
- Experience with software configuration, and issue tracking tools such as GIT, Jira, Subversion, ClearQuest, Doors, Bugzilla.
- Experience using overall test management tools such as Microfocus ALM, Zephyr, TestComplete.
- Experience in code review/static analysis tool(s) to aide code review such as Code Collaborator, Coverity, Parasoft DT
- Experience in planning, design and execution of unit, integration, and system test events – across web, mobile, and IoT platforms (in other words, experience throughout the entire test lifecycle, for these platforms). This is a MUST.
- Experience as team-member/lead in Agile SDLC projects/programs
- Deep knowledge of various types of SDLC’s and TLC’s (V-Model, Iterative, Agile/Scrum, etc.)
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model.
- Working knowledge of 21 CFR part 820, IEC 62304, IEC 82304-1, ISO 14971, and ISO 13485
- Working experience in behavior-driven testing and scripting using cucumber or behave.
- Working experience in mobile test automation tools (e.g. Perfecto, MobileLabs)
- Experience in automated test execution and coordination, using Selenium and Appium.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.