Our client, a leader for over 60 years in the design and manufacture of industrial storage systems, is in their search for a Structural Design Engineer to join their team in Orange County, CA. This role is responsible for serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to internal and external clients for technical designs, issues and questions that arise from project start through completion.
Perform structural analysis and design, design guidelines, specifications, project estimates, product orders, and release projects to manufacturing for fabrication. Assist manufacturing, sales, and customer service. Occasional project site visits, new product development, and product testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field of study from an accredited college/university
- MS degree is strongly preferred
- Seismic design experience is strongly preferred
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in product design and manufacturing.
- Experience in successfully working and interacting with customers, suppliers, engineers, and other stakeholders at multi-levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills in a team environment are required.
- AutoCAD and/or Inventor knowledge and experience.
- Familiar with FEA and other structural analysis and design software
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design structural rack systems, rack-supported buildings, and structural components based on design loads, codes, and standards.
- Utilize structural design software and tools and follow design guidelines and building code requirements to achieve safe and optimum designs.
- Provide preliminary design support for estimates and prepare full engineering calculations.
- Efficient in AutoCAD and be able to turn full project drawing sets.
- Assist in estimating projects for sales teams from start to finish: performing quantity take-offs, running structural analysis, obtaining outside quotes, hardware, freight and installation quotes.
- Design new products and custom parts, new product development, and engineering initiatives.
- Assist in manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, manuals, documentation, and/or testing activities of rack systems to ensure compliance with design specifications, codes, and/or customer requirements.
- Support project design and production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within established budget.
- Visit job sites for measurements, inspections, installer walk-thru, and assist with sales calls.
- Knowledge of Excel, AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, RISA, SAP2000, or Visual Analysis is preferred.
- Ability to properly model, analyze, and interpret results for both static and dynamic loading in the design of component, building, non-building structures, and foundation systems.
- Perform other miscellaneous engineering duties as required and assigned by management.
***Please note all resumes and candidate information submitted are kept in the strictest confidence. No resume will be released without the candidate's prior permission***