Company has an SVP Finance & Accounting opportunity to lead our Finance team working remotely for the time being and based in Los Angeles. The position will be an essential member of the senior leadership team reporting to the COO. The SVP will be responsible for scaling and repositioning the Finance and Accounting department as Company, a publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: CIDM), continues to develop new business and position itself as the leader in digital distribution. This position will oversee all facets of the Finance team and specifically focus on accounting operations, including the monthly close cycles, developing corporate budgets and forecasts, division-based P&L, compensation tracking, and internal controls and policy development. As we continue to grow, the SVP of Finance & Accounting will be an integral part of our M&A team and will implement departmental processes to evaluate future business opportunities as well as drive organizational development initiatives. We are looking for a leader who is ready to guide and develop the Finance/Accounting team by improving internal processes that are critical for a more efficient workflow.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the bi-coastal Finance/Accounting team and guide them in the establishment of daily operational procedures that will ensure the team is meeting business goals and objectives.
- Analyze the Company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers.
- Analyze Company accounts and suggest improvements and create accounting strategies to reduce costs and increase profits.
- Oversee existing royalty systems and reports to ensure they are able to handle changing business needs in all areas and digital initiatives, including quarterly reports for Company’s growing library of titles, and ensure royalty payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Present regular status and ad hoc accounting reports to all internal stakeholders and senior leadership as needed, ensuring all GAAP standards are being met.
- Oversee the accounting and financial reporting function, ensuring that effective internal controls are in place, and the Company complies with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws.
- Assist with quarterly financial reporting - including drafting and reviewing SEC documents, ensuring quality, and administering strict timelines; as well as manage transaction accounting, SOX, the closing process, and other financial controls.
- Stay abreast of industry changes and current payroll/tax/accounting laws to ensure Company is in compliance.
- Provide assistance and support for the preparation of all public financial statements for external stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of all accounting procedures by validating the quality, timeliness, accuracy, and integrity of financial data and reconciling all issues promptly by building a system of checks and balances.
- Partner with the CEO and COO to produce Board of Directors materials for presentations and ad hoc reporting.
- Work with the COO on special projects or analyses of transactions to determine the impacts on the business.
- Partner with IT and external consultants to support the ongoing implementation, build and support of accounting software and automation.
- Collaborate with FP&A to create a robust internal reporting package.
- Synchronize operating and financial strategy to include building financial analysis from scratch for strategic decision-making Business metrics / financial reporting oversee all financial reporting to executives and corporate investors.
- Create and develop dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform the strategy for the Company’s financial and economic modeling, as well as all investment entities/vehicles.
- Develop and manage forecasting for all cash management tasks, including but not limited to, maintaining banking relationships for lines of credit, loans, tax planning for domestic, transactions & tax strategies for all company business units and securing additional funding rounds as needed.
- Responsible for the Company's financial plans and policies, the conduct of its relationships with financial institutions, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports.
- Act as a liaison to external auditing firms, while owning primary responsibility for the Company’s views on technical accounting matters.
- Maintains and nurtures our banking relationships.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related field, Master's degree preferred. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive Accounting/Finance experience in a Public or Corporate Accounting environment including 7+ years’ experience managing other accounting and/or finance professionals and experience with entertainment an company.
- Demonstrated success in a senior finance role with a growth-oriented public business and a track record of helping to drive equity value.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing effective procedures for tight working capital and cash management.
- Highly effective leadership abilities – mentors and develops staff.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Strong executive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Executive-level accounting strategy with proven success in scaling a consumer business.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, including revenue recognition and cost accounting.
- Prior Big 4/5 public accounting experience.
- The full life cycle of management of IPO and or company exit preferred.
- Knowledge in professional accounting software and complex accounting systems.
- Previous experience implementing new systems, processes, and control environments.
- Experience leading an organization through transactions, specifically: fundraising, M&A, negotiating debt structure is desirable.