For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Telephonic Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will support the new frontier in care coordination in the emerging provider market through full partnerships with health systems, hospitals, physicians, communities, patients and their families. In this role as the Telephonic Social Worker, you will interact and collaborate telephonically daily with the assigned RN Case Managers, patients and families, providers and community agencies. You will be integral to the identification of psychosocial barriers to care. Value is demonstrated through a reduction in the hospital admission rates of select patients and improved adherence to evidence-based guidelines and industry quality standards. The Telephonic Social Worker works in partnership with the assigned RN Case Managers to support the comprehensive needs of the patient (clinical - behavioral - social) developing relationships and coordinating services with local agencies on behalf of the patient and family.
***This position requires working a Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time Schedule***
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assesses patient and family psychosocial needs, home/ safety issues and develops plan of care in collaboration with patient, physicians, nurses and other members of the departmental team, such as the RN Case Manager
- Links patients / family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to, information / referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups, and other community services
- Documents patient / family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals, and interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families, insurance company, community agencies and others as needed to ensure continuity of care
- Identify and address behavioral Health concerns that are not emergent
- Master's Degree
- Independent Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW or LICSW)
- License must be current and unrestricted in the state of residence
- 2+ years of post-graduate medical social work experience
- Basic proficiency with Word, must be able to type and navigate around in a Windows based environment
- Must reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high speed internet connection or can leverage existing high - speed internet service
- Access to dedicated workspace from home for in home office set up
- Access to high speed internet
- Ability to work Pacific Standard Time hours as listed (Monday - Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm PST)
- Case Management experience
- Experience in Managed Care
- Behavioral Health experience
- Experience connecting patients to community-based resources
- Prior telephonic experience conducting clinical assessments
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Colorado, Nevada and Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $25.63 to $45.72. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.