Location: Orange, CA
Summary: The Lead is directly responsible for supervising warehouse members, conducting floor operations and complying with safety regulations in the warehouse.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
· Assist the routing department with coverage and the transportation supervisor as it relates to operations.
· Serve as the example to other drivers as it relates to work performance and representing MSI’s core values.
· May be asked to conduct customer visits to review delivery/service issues.
· May need to perform routes in emergency situations.
· Review previous day’s routes to identify opportunities of improvement and/or training of drivers.
· Conduct ride-alongs and route observations as well as train new drivers to result in outstanding performance.
· Develop and maintain driver/boom crane training manuals.
· Assist with safety meetings, AM huddles and stretch/flex program.
· Keep drivers informed of current challenges, changes, and new developments within the department and the company by conducting team meetings.
· Assist drivers with pre-routes duties.
· Maintain DOT Log files and vehicle condition reports for all drivers and equipment. Ensure all DOT logs and DVIRs are accurate, complete and compliant.