MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Coordinate and negotiate transportation of finished goods and materials in the Manufacturing sector
Accurate and timely coordination and negotiation of freight for finished goods FOB Vernon to the customer, as well as materials across 3PL for various business needs.
Our client is a fast moving consumer goods company that is growing exponentially ($100 mil revenue), on the cusp of transitioning to corporation-type company, sold into most grocery retailers you can think of (Target, Vons, Ralphs, etc)
- Collaborate with customer service and sales to timely and cost-effectively ship finished product to our customers.
- Coordinate, tender, and track shipments of all finished goods orders to customers
- Schedule and coordinate all transfers and backhauls from 3PL
- Closely work with Supply Chain Planner to ensure inventories are balanced and meeting customer demands
- Ultimate responsibility for Freight cost center in P&L
- Negotiate freight rates to maximize profit
- Combine loads to effectively utilize trailers and lanes
- Track shipment costs by customer to better understand freight's impact on product margins
- Communicate and update shipment dates as needed
- Update dock scheduler timely for all shipments
- Coordinate with Warehouse personnel on transportation issues
- Re-direct shipments as needed
- Maintain relationships with multiple carriers and brokers, which may include negotiating rates, conducting RFPs, and analyzing trends
- Manage transportation and delivery of all XXXX freezers
- Includes updating spreadsheets, communicating with vendors and sales to ensure all freezers are delivered on schedule
- Other transportation duties as assigned
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal office ambience
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Two years' experience in transportation, warehousing, or relevant fields
- MS Office proficient
- Experience utilizing an ERP system
- Able to work in office environment, lift up to 25 lbs. and work in a sitting position for extended periods.
- Full Health, Dental, Vision
- 401k w Match