Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global logistics market with unique logistics services. With its innovative IT technology, SDS developed the integrated logistics solution called "Cello" in 2010, started its logistics business in 2012 and expanded its logistics business with Business Process Outsourcing.
The Logistics Operation Management/ Transportation Operation will handle domestic and international transportation while optimizing operations and provide satisfactory customer service and maintaining data entry and reporting. This position includes Logistics Operation Management of Inbound and outbound freight Forwarding or Ocean Import experience in Logistics Industry.
To learn more about Samsung SDS America, Inc. please visit www.CelloLogistics.com.
- Follow SOP and Work Instructions, update as needed and ensure operational best practice in line with customer requirements as well as ensure operational SOP compliance
- Booking, Tracking, Tracing of Cargo (FTL/LTL/AIR/PARCEL)
- Customer Service including all happenings from booking to cargo delivery in a timely manner
- Daily liaison with customer, carriers, internal staff
- Maintaining essential account documentation with up to date information and ensuring that it is filed and stored so as to be readily accessible to the team when/if needed
- Increase customer satisfaction and business share through regular contact (i.e., phone, heavy email communication)
- Monitor account issues and communicate/liaison with management to implement/drive solutions
- Able to analyze service and cost data for actions or recommendations for business improvement for assigned customer
- Recommend when needed changes in current processes
- Reporting as needed (Service failure report, claim/damage report, colume, P&L, others as needed)
- Accuracy of data entry into Cello and other systems as needed
- Monitor trends and report changes to Management for action
- +3 years of work experience in FTL/LTL Transportation dispatching or operations or Ocean/Drayage/Freight Forwarding in Logistics Industry required
- Professional Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems required
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects, while paying close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer orientation and strong negotiating skills
- Strong background in import logistics, global import operations, and Customs Compliance.
- Great interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate openly and effectively
- Works well under pressure and has a sense of urgency
- Self-motivated individual, assertive attitude, excel in a team-based environment
- Demonstrate appropriate phone and email etiquette with internal and external customers; strong customer service, people skills
- Outlook, Microsoft Office application such as Excel/Power point/Word/Outlook
- Experience with NAFTA/USMCA cross border transportation preferred
- Bilingual Korean/ English or English/ Spanish preferred
- Warehouse and/or manufacturing knowledge preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Samsung SDS America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO)