Position Title: Union Desk - Royalty Analyst
Position Number: 394983
Location: Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Management, MS Word, Written Communication
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Job title: Union Desk – Royalty Analyst
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Client is the world’s leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artist and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs. Together, we are Client
Client is currently seeking to fill the role of Union Specialist. In this role, you will be assisting our artist royalty team in preparing and analyzing artist accounts to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
• Prepare multiple semiannual AFM reports
• Format weekly union invoicing report
• Format monthly union licensing report
• Calculate union liability based on monthly accrual reports
• Maintain a historical database of all union invoices
• Research artist union eligibility inquiries
• Prepare internal AFM audit requests
• Query multiple databases to retrieve artist and song information
• Communicate any potential changes to union invoices internally with management and externally with clients
• Review various AFM & AFTRA union reports for accuracy
• Good command of vlookups, pivot tables, and if formulas in Excel.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word