The UPS Capital Account Management Representative is responsible for retaining and growing UPS Capital's customer business. He/She uses available resources to learn customers’ businesses, identify business needs, and proactively contact customers to review UPS Capital’s products and services and meet their needs. This position is responsible for prioritizing customer opportunities, focusing attention on accounts with the greatest opportunity and likelihood of success, creating contacts, and answering customer questions. The UPS Capital Account Management Representative works with account managers, Business Development Officers, and sales support representatives to coordinate account strategies and contract agreements, as well as provide appropriate account alignment. He/She must be able to work flexible shift hours (between the hours of 8am to 8pm).
The UPS Capital Account Management Representative maintains relationships with customers by assisting them and acting as their advocate in resolving service issues (e.g., claims, damages, etc.). He/She is responsible for providing direction to successfully onboard new customers to ensure planned revenue growth and customer satisfaction. This position researches customers with declining revenue to identify retention opportunities. The UPS Capital Account Management Representative questions customers to learn about their businesses and industries, go-to-market strategies, corporate structures, and risk mitigation needs. He/She develops internal relationships with Product Managers, Sales, and Operations support staff to enhance customer solutions and responsiveness.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of UPS’s products and services to generate solutions that meet customer needs.
- Researches competitor strategies and capabilities, to identify ways to position UPS Capital’s products and services advantageously and retain business.
- Researches customers’ businesses to develop account management and retention strategies.
- Enters customer information and opportunity details into a database to provide information to management.
- Follows up with customers on project start date to verify customer billings are properly set up and occurring and to address additional issues.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company.
- Assesses Business Needs: Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the project’s requirements.
- Conducts Competitive Analysis: Demonstrates a basic understanding of competitor’s tactics, product/service offerings, and strategies; translates competitor performance and actions into implications for UPS.
- Conducts Customer Analysis: Works with others to research stakeholders' and key decision-makers' needs, requirements, and perspectives; describes in general terms customer characteristics, preferences, history, processes and constraints; lists what products and services are currently used by customers; uses knowledge of customers to provide input into which products or features to promote.
- Creates Account Strategies: Understands customer’s general business needs and knows the account status; may provide information about accounts for use in planning account strategy.
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a general knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information.
- Solves Customer Problems: Recognizes when customers are having issues; identifies resolution to basic customer issues and recommends solutions.
- Strategic Customer Partnerships: Establishes and maintains entry level contacts in customer organizations; builds relationships to further understand customers’ business and objectives.
- Underwriting Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of risk management principles; identifies the risk factors that impact a client’s insurance eligibility.
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Business, Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related field – Preferred
- Property and Casualty insurance license – Preferred
- Customer Service experience – Preferred
- Account Management or Inside Sales experience – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law