UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Providing design execution in key internal products that support our business and the interactions we have with Health Care Professionals (Providers)
- Conducting user research. In close collaboration with our UX and organizational research teams, you will contribute to the design and facilitation of various research methods to obtain critical insights about users, their behaviors, motivations and needs. Supporting post-research data analysis and synthesis, you will help convert those findings into qualitative and quantitative information that guides decision-making.
- Determining the information architecture of a digital product. By properly organizing content based on the mental model of a user and appropriate classifications, you will help guide and educate users so that way-finding and task completion are efficient, intuitive and effective.
- Designing user flows and wireframes. In this highly iterative phase, you will build many simplified, lo-fidelity concepts of a user's journey to validate through feedback and testing.
- Creating prototypes. Using refined visual mockups, you will generate interactive final versions of the user interface that will be used for both leadership socialization and development readiness.
- Testing the product on real users. In another significant phase of the UX process, you will be partnering with UX Research to confirm viability of solutions and identify areas of improvement using both structured and unstructured research methods.
- Presenting designs and insights to key stakeholders. An effective presentation is founded on good storytelling. You will be asked to walk through your work and clearly articulate how it will allow a user to achieve their goals, while also delivering on important business objectives.
- Partnering with business, research, product and tech teams on complex problems that lead to highly functional, accessible, elegant and engaging solutions.
Play an integral role on a genuine, fun, hard-working and supportive UX team that will provide constructive feedback and encouragement on why, what and how to improve your skills as a designer and employee at UnitedHealthcare.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of understanding and experience with:
- Information Architecture
- Content Strategy
- Interaction Design
- Visual Design
- 1+ years of experience with:
- Sketch or Figma
- Invision or other prototyping presentation platforms
- Eager to improve your UX/UI skills
- High School Diploma / GED
- Bachelor's Degree or certification from a UX-related program (Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Technology)
- 1+ years of experience with the following:
- Graphic/Web Design
- UX Research (design and facilitation)
- Product analytics, NPS and Voice of the Customer data
- The iterative design and development lifecycle (Agile Software Development)
- Working within a Product team
- Accessibility guidelines
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Design systems and pattern libraries
- Optimal Workshop
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UX Designer, UX Engineer, User Exp, Optum, UHG, Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Product Analytics, Agile Software Development, UnitedHealth, UHC, Remote, Telecommute, WAH, WFH, Hiring Immediately, #RPO