Who you are…
The Vice President - Development (VP) is an experienced commercial real estate professional, who enjoys working in teams and is comfortable with a wide range of responsibilities. The role requires excellent leadership skills, a desire to succeed and ability to direct experience with the full range of commercial office and/or multifamily development activities. The VP will serve as part of the local leadership team, focusing on overseeing an entrepreneurial group of diverse development professionals focused on ground up office and multi-family projects, from identifying new development opportunities, through design & construction to leasing & divestment.
What you’ll do…
- Under the direction of the EVP, full management and leadership responsibility for multiple projects, with required authority and support, including full profit and loss (P&L) responsibility from acquisition to completion and recapitalization of the asset.
- Working with the EVP and local leadership team to develop and execute the regional CDUS strategy, including the preparation and oversight of the annual regional budget.
- Maintain an extensive network of contacts within the local real estate market to achieve success in the CDUS business strategy.
- Drive the regional pursuits, assessments and acquisition of development sites and properties.
- Lead a passionate, local regional team in establishing and executing a joint vision and strategy for the successful execution of development projects.
- Sets an example for junior level staff by guiding, mentoring and teaching.
- Assist in the management of the region’s projects and activities, including the recruiting of appropriate personnel and encouraging/promoting their professional development.
- Set up and manage project teams from conceptual design through project execution, including but not limited to entitlements, design, permitting, pre-construction and construction activities, leasing, operations and recapitalization.
- Be proactive in developing common working methods in order to build up the local organization within CDUS.
- Represent CDUS as the leading project representative for multiple projects simultaneously with external parties including consultants, civic and governmental authorities and public stakeholders.
- Drive all leasing efforts for your projects, directly or through team members.
- Coordinate with the EVP on developing and executing the exit strategy.
Your characteristics include...
- Strong leadership qualitites and experience
- Passionate about Commercial Office, Multifamily and Mixed-Use Development
- An authentic appreciation for and alignment with Skansksa’s Purpose and Values, including honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- Strong financial and analytical acumen, with a proven record of financial management experience delivering within targets
- Strategic thinker
- A visionary, that has the creativity and experience needed to visualize and succesfully guide a design team to a projects’ fruition
- A true leader, a mentor, capable of efficiently leading a team while encouraging and fostering the growth and advancement of each one of its individual members.
- Good negotiating skills
- Well developed emotional and social intelligence, excellent project leadership and cooperation skills
- Strong global perspective, respecting the viewpoints of those from diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions and lifestyles to build collaborative relationships and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated digital fluency, showing the ability to maximize new and emerging technologies in order to work, learn and live in a digital society
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written and oral communication skills
Qualifications we seek...
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 20+ years’ experience within the real estate development industry in a capacity relevant to this position
- Extensive knowledge about green building practices and procedures and LEED designation criteria. Thorough knowledge of, and experience developing in the local real estate market
- Experience with multiple asset types: commercial office, mixed use, multi-family and retail
- Proven track record of leading multidisciplinary teams
- Documented experience in the commercial investment and development process including:
- Land acquisition and sourcing
- Feasibility studies
- Entitlements, title, survey, planning and zoning
- Project Valuation and Finance
- Management and oversight of design
- Extensive experience in entitlements and construction management preferred
- Leasing, marketing, and public relations efforts
- Cost control, real estate funding and project reporting
- Market research
- Asset Management
Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university, as well as an MBA or Master’s Degree in related fields required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person assigned to this job description. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.