Seek Capital is looking for a top VP of Finance to lead the Finance and Analytics departments of a company ranked #9 by Glassdoor in its “Best Places to Work” in 2020.
We are looking for a high achieving finance specialist who has proven experience ‘putting it all together’. Finance planning plays a pivotal role in managing the company’s financial performance and shaping its strategic priorities. The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for facilitating the coordination, consolidation, reporting and analysis of the overall forecast process; investor reporting, weekly and monthly reporting, evaluation of deals across the company, and long-term planning/strategic initiatives. The VP of Finance will be primarily responsible for supporting all the financial and business metrics planning, reporting and analysis processes (Budget/Forecast/Actual) and working with various functional teams across the organization.
This position will be based in our Los Angeles office and will work with, and report directly to the CEO. The role will require a strong blend of Controllership, FP&A and a strategic mindset. It will also be involved in preparing financial reports for senior management and investors.
- You will be part of the key executive team leading the business strategy
- Manage the Finance and Analytics teams
- Hire, train and mentor a high performing team
- Manage all aspects of accounting including; payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and the monthly closing process
- Manage all finance functions including; tax, audit and investor reporting/ liaising
- Ensure the company's financial results are presented in a timely accurate manner with explanations of variances to plan, prior period, and prior forecasts
- Provide strong FP&A leadership to a highly ambitious management team
- Assist in preparing documents for additional capital raising efforts (i.e. financial models/ forecasts, unit economics, actual vs. projected, etc.)
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures
- Provide analytical analysis to help the company determine key metrics and understand how they impact the businessWork with internal teams to drive data driven decision making in an already highly analytical organization
- Prepare the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Responsible for the preparation and detailed review of weekly & monthly financial reporting schedules, with focus on understanding material variances in performance against Plan/Forecast, prior period.
- Oversee monthly financial close preparation with review of key P&L line items to determine appropriate accrual expense allocation
- Responsibilities include communication of calendar and tasks, preparation of budgeting tool for department users, collection of department input, interface with departments to provide and or confirm (budget) assumptions, validation/review of all inputs in all dimensions (Base Case, Upside, Downside), & preparation of materials for presentation of plan/forecast to CEO + investors
- Manage the preparation of weekly/monthly KPI reporting. Provide summary highlights and other insights as appropriate
- Oversee business intelligence team to ensure appropriate and accurate reporting is being created and disseminated throughout the organization
- Partner with Department Heads by providing expert knowledge and insightful analysis on high-visibility, complex, and key expense drivers (software maintenance fees contracts, capitalized salaries etc.)
- Take the lead in various corporate, business and regulatory matters
- Assist in coordination of the annual financial audit and preparation of tax returns
- Coordinate with CPA and Legal firms
You will be the leading financial and ROI voice of the management team as it pertains to initiatives, strategies and real time performance evaluation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Business
• 7+ years of progressive background in financial analysis preferably in an FP&A role with a knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
• Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills
• Working knowledge of business analytical tools, for example; Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Domo (our current platform) and experience with databases
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Self-starter and able to work independently
• Excellent communicator within a team of subject matter experts
Salary & Benefits
- All-in Pay: The VP of Finance can expect base pay of $200,000+ (based on experience) + quarterly bonus + Equity
- Medical Benefits: Top tier medical, dental and vision insurance plans are available to all of our staff
- Fitness: A healthy body is a healthy mind. To help our team stay healthy, we offer LA Fitness gym membership to all of our staff
Seek Capital is an LA Based Fintech firm helping new businesses find capital. Founded in 2014, our team has continued to grow and is looking to expand its offerings and take advantage of the opportunities afforded to us in the post-pandemic environment. Our investors include firms with significant experience in FinTech and highly regarded in the industry.
Interested in being part of a high energy management team and being the driving financial voice? Want to work with a proven management team that ‘gets the job done’?
Why This Role?
If you’re good, you have options.
If you’re the right fit, we want you! Here’s what you should know:
Have an Impact- We have built our organization by managing through the numbers. We rely on real time data to make all critical decisions, from personnel to strategies. This role will be the driving force in preparing and analyzing key data points to help drive decision making.
Job Fulfillment- We help provide funding to new businesses. It’s an amazing feeling knowing that every day we provide funding to small business owners across America that are looking to launch and grow their business.
Be Part of An Amazing Team- This isn’t your cliché ‘amazing team’. This is a team that operates in a highly cohesive manner and hits big goals! Established as the #1 player in our target market, we have a team that gets it done. In short, this team hits big goals! To join this team, you have to be ready to deliver!
High End Toys- Be part of a team that has in place and a commitment to adding the best of breed technologies that its staff needs to be at their best. If tech is an unfair advantage, we want to stack the deck.
You Will be The Financial Leader- This is not just a leadership position, this is a “roll up your sleeves” role. You’ll be in charge of advancing our financial and will be expected to drive real results based on clearly defined KPIs. As our lead VP of Finance, you’ll be the key player in our finance and FP&A team while spearheading multiple new and exciting initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do NOT discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local law.