Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for serving as the accountable leader for the national Epic COE that provides end to end implementation services, EMR and Revenue Cycle product support, EMR clinical education, Revenue Cycle education, and optimization services to drive provider satisfaction and improve quality of service provided to our patients. Serves as local leadership to both national and on-site IT teammates for EMR/PM delivery, support, and optimization services. Has full P&L ownership and accountability for the COE, implementation, and sustainability budgets. Partners across the national landscape to implement clinical and product governance region to drive discussion and decision-making on best practice workflows, product roadmaps, system capabilities, and optimization that drives efficiency, quality, and ROI. Formulates, develops and executes technology strategies and supports the integration component of business development plans with EMR and PM deployments. Reports to the National VP Strategy of EMR and PM.
- Single point of accountability for staffing, oversight, and development of the Epic COE and supporting partnerships to drive implementation services and sustainability models
- Develop subscription model for services and support that Epic CDO’s will leverage at the national level for sustainability
- Active participation in leadership meetings and awareness of market operational and strategic priorities to align with EMR and PM implementation, sustainability, and optimization
- Advise VP Strategy EMR and PM and regional leadership teams on strategies for integrations with Optum initiatives, regulatory requirements, and broader strategic initiatives at the UHG corporate level
- Develop and maintain relationships within Optum to create clinical governance that maintains a standardized build using the 80/20 rule along with convergence plan to bring other CDO’s onto the national Epic build
- Support M&A integration activities as needed with acquired external medical groups and practice to join the Epic national platform
- Provides leadership and oversight of COE organizational structure, talent development, succession candidates, and address organizational gaps and risks
- Accountable for clear understanding of strategy, mission and goals for COE and deployment across OptumCare. Provides clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement. Establishes practices, policies and operating procedures and ensures alignment to departmental objectives and strategy
- Understands effective communication across all levels of the organization (both upward and downward) with the appropriate message, the right tone and the appropriate level of impact
- Teammate is able to make the complex seem less complex, is a consensus builder and brings people and teams together. Is able to calm tense situations by bringing clarity and organization to the forefront. Ensures each level of the organization has the information needed and the context needed to produce favorable results. Builds strong relationship with IT operational leaders to ensure connectivity to the business
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities. Recognizes talent and maximizes potential in others. Holds self and team accountable for technical abilities, productive results and leadership attributes of the organization
- Recognizes problems and is able to make recommendations/decisions on the best course of action to remediate. Resourceful at coming up with solutions using existing or available resources based on knowledge of the organization and level of execution effort
- Translates initiatives into actions through a thoughtful, organized and well-planned approach
- Establishes measurement criteria and systems to track daily processes, implementation of new initiatives and value creation
- Perform other relevant job duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college
- 10+ years of senior management level experience leading diversified IT business operations
- 5+ years of experience implementing and supporting Epic clinical information systems in a FFS and delegated health care model
- 5+ years of vendor management experience with Epic
- Experience with integrating diverse organizations and leading significant performance improvement efforts
- Healthcare experience and knowledge on EMR and practice management systems in the acute and ambulatory healthcare setting
- Leadership skills in strategic planning and business and market development and operations
- Ability to oversee large teams of 50+; Oversight of assigned geographic organization
- Ability to navigate complex landscapes to move initiatives forward and reach decisions with executives
- Ability to oversee large projects that require problem identification, data synthesis, creation of options, recommendations, and implementation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent track record in building, managing, developing and retaining high functioning teams
- Understands innovative, cutting-edge technology and how to use technology to improve business processes and operational effectiveness
- Extensive and advanced knowledge of relevant technologies that integrate with EMR and Revenue Cycle
- Excellent financial acumen and superior analytical abilities
- Ability to react with a sense of urgency to achieve mutually agreed upon objectives and timeframes for completion despite obstacles, time pressures and changing business conditions
- Ability to travel 30-40% as needed, both regional and national
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Healthcare Administration
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Work at Home, Remote, Vice President Technology Operations - Epic COE