We’re looking for deep wisdom and unconventional thinking that comes from years in the trenches. Our VP Creative will lead our disruptive creative approach, production, and strategic innovation.
This person has a deep feel for brand marketing, can intuit client needs, develop & deliver killer proposals, and orchestrate home-run projects that lead client engagements to grow exponentially. You have extensive experience across social media, and a track record of disruptive brand marketing.
This job reports to our CCO Geoffrey Goldberg, a former Broadway performer and director, who's passionate about coaching and personal growth.
• Continue to accelerate Company’ explosive growth, in terms of revenue, headcount, reputation, and marketing prowess by leading the creative, strategy, and production functions at Company.
• Propel our industry leadership to new heights. Dream up and produce disruptive, record-breaking campaigns, including always-on organic channels and one-off activations.
• You will be responsible for the creation and execution of the high-output campaigns we create in short amounts of time, directing ideation, strategy, creative, production, across teams and time zones.
• You’ll be representing Company on a high level, presenting to clients in person and through video calls, pitching for new projects, and working collaboratively with our team to create outstanding idas and pitches.
• You will work closely with in-house production, as well as freelance and contracted crews, editors, designers, musicians, and songwriters to bring complex projects together.
• Mentor our team with your extensive creative and marketing wisdom, so we’re deeply understanding our clients’ needs and overdelivering against them.
• Guide the Creative, Strategy, and Production hiring and growth of the team in both Santa Monica and NYC.
• Level up our company’s strategy capabilities, connection to culture, and analytics.
• Plan and deliver exponential revenue and profit growth by extending our thought leadership and optimizing our production processes.
• Be a senior leader to assist our co-founders with all aspects of agency growth planning.
• 15+ years of creative and production experience, ideally with a combination of brand-side and agency-side experience.
• Extensive experience overseeing production of video and social media channels.
• You are skilled in music, understanding how to work with, brief, and collaborate with musicians, songwriters, and artists.
• Your pitch skills are on point: you know how to make a case and sell people on an idea through beautifully designed presentation decks.
• Deep wisdom about marketing strategy. You easily understand CMO’s unexpressed needs, and you wow them with proposals they can’t live without.
• Ideally experience working at a small company (fewer than 20 people). You love the energy of a smaller team. But most importantly you love the impact you are able to have by being on a smaller team, and you happily wear many hats to get stuff done.
• You love being in the trenches, laying bricks, working with all levels at our clients. No ego.
• You can easily jump into Adobe suite and make stuff.
• You love and excel at coaching and helping people grow.
• You spread joy at work!